real time web analytics
Report - - Victoria Theatre, Salford 1018 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Victoria Theatre, Salford 1018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After a tip off from a friend that access was possible, a group of us went down to check that it was still the case! Places get re-sealed so quickly these days now Youtube vids giving away all the secrets have sprung up!
I'm an old school explorer who sees us as a hidden community who keep things quiet unless it involves other experienced explorers. Rather than making money from it and showing their full identities.

Rant over - the site certainly did not disappoint, it was in good condition compared to other theatres I have seen and packed with little back rooms, hidden stairways and boarded up Cheap seats.
On October 4th 1899 an established actor called Sir Henry Irving laid the foundation stone. Accompanying him was his personal assistant Bram Stoker; creator of Count Dracula which set the bench mark on the Horror / Vampire genre.
Just over a year later the Victoria opened with seating for Two thousand, this would be increased to Three Thousand in 1901.
It was put to a vote that alcohol was to be prohibited, apparently people getting up to go to the bar was too disruptive during performances. It was brutally opposed.
It was also used as a cinema on occasion which became its' full time occupation until 1958 when it was closed.
It re-opened as a theatre for local groups and pantomimes and then as a bingo hall.
Which it remained as to 2018 when it closed it's doors for the last time.

Today it is in surprisingly good condition; there are holes in the roof and pigeons but decay has not over whelmed it yet. If no one does something to it, it is destined to rot and yet another symbol of the 'Good old days' will be lost forever.

up.
_DSC6378b.jpg
_DSC6382b.jpg
_DSC6387b.jpg
_DSC6393b.jpg
_DSC6399b.jpg
_DSC6401b.jpg
_DSC6404b.jpg

_DSC6409b.jpg
_DSC6411b.jpg
_DSC6412b.jpg
_DSC6414b.jpg
_DSC6417b.jpg
_DSC6420b.jpg
_DSC6431b.jpg

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I found a load of large Plant pots in a side room! The Curry Factory that I explored had loads of them too, but I don't think that was busted.

UrbandonedTeam

the north
Regular User
That room was tiny from memory? I climbed through. Not much of a grow then. Seen bigger in peoples lofts lol
I think it led into a larger room through another hole haha. I'm not 200% sure, when we were there we were told 'if you follow the hosepipe that's where it occured' from some homeless people inside. That's where it led. I know for a fact that behind the counter underneath the big bingo sign in the roof space, the people involved were sleeping because we found three tents.

bignickb

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That depends on your character and tenacity! I've been to some sites that are literally 'Walk ons' and others that have pushed me to Ninja status. :p

Stardogg93

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That depends on your character and tenacity! I've been to some sites that are literally 'Walk ons' and others that have pushed me to Ninja status. :p
I just ended up at Denbigh chased off by 2 dogs scary shit and everything has been borders up

Stardogg93

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Chased off at Denbigh or at the theatre?
denbigh 2 Labradors we jumped over a fence then who ever had the dogs started coming across the field we was in also police monitoring it and every thing had has been freshly boarded up

Who has read this thread (Total: 147) View details