real time web analytics
Report - - Victoria Undercroft, Manchester - March 2016 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Victoria Undercroft, Manchester - March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Victoria Undercroft

2eeewpv.jpg

After the shambles that was my last report (which was a joke, just in case you didn't realise :p) I thought I'd better stick something proper up. Was out in Manchester with @TunnelMon and thought it'd be rude not to swing by and have a look, especially as I'd done the rooftop before but not the undercroft.

Barton Arcade is a four storey cast structure and was designed and built by Corbett, Raby and Sawyer in 1874. Below the building is a large undercroft that also spans under Deansgate which was originally cut from sandstone, it is now used as storage for the shopping outlets above.

2557v6h.jpg

1124xhl.jpg

2lsk50m.jpg

2af0ks8.jpg

33y0tqx.jpg

21mtgza.jpg

We were almost caught on our way down here by a cleaner, the classic 'looking for the toilet' excuse came into play and it become our excuse for the rest of the day's misadventures...it was more believable at some times more than others.​

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"looking for the toilet' excuse" Must remember that one. I always take the dog with me for surface explores - very easy to lose the dog and then go to hunt for it....

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"looking for the toilet' excuse" Must remember that one. I always take the dog with me for surface explores - very easy to lose the dog and then go to hunt for it....
Always a good one for live sites, it's easy to get lost after all. And haha I've not heard that one before...clever

Manny

28DL Member
28DL Member
I tried going here and the lower levels have a locked door now due to new ownership and refurbishment being done.

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I tried going here and the lower levels have a locked door now due to new ownership and refurbishment being done.
Sometimes it's locked, sometimes it isn't. We saw evidence of the refurbishment, tools and wooden boards everywhere