Web
Analytics
Report - - Villaggio Abbandonato, Italy - May 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Villaggio Abbandonato, Italy - May 2019

The_Raw

28DL Regular User
Regular User
An abandoned village in Northern Italy. Having been the site of a religious order as far back as the 15th century, the land was used to grow grain and other crops while farming processes evolved. By the mid-1800s the village became a state-of-the-art farming community, but by the late 1960s it was completely abandoned. Most of the buildings are empty but the main villa has some beautiful ceilings, and the chapel looks as though it was still in use yesterday. Visited with @bigbadash and @soylent green.

Villa

Chapel

Thanks for looking​

Last edited:

host

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cracking report. I think in recent years Italy is my fav place to explore these days.

soylent green

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great report mate. It was a good trip. Your pics are spot on too. Where’s the group photo though?

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Pretty place of course - but what's the deal with this one - is it some standard euroderp or has it never been seen before?

The_Raw

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Pretty place of course - but what's the deal with this one - is it some standard euroderp or has it never been seen before?
A friend shared it with me so I'm not sure. I've seen a couple of pics from others pop up on Facebook but don't think it's on the trail as such. It's lasted 50 odd years without being sprayed up with graff so it's definitely not too well known