real time web analytics
Report - - Vokes Factory - Surrey - October 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Vokes Factory - Surrey - October 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MrMonochrome

28DL Member
28DL Member
The Vokes factory in Normandy, Surrey manufactured oil and air filters for the aliied forces in WW2 and moved to Surrey in 1942 after the company had its London factory bombed. Vokes originally took over Henley Park mansion and then moved into the purpose built factory in 1963 which operated until 2000 when it was sold to developers.

This was my second successful explore following a great trip to CMH and very wet visit to Pyestock where we were put off going any further by the sound of shotgun fire. Not sure if it was coming from within the site but it was enough to change our minds about continuing the explore.

As I'm new to posting on the site any constructive feedback would be appreciated.

DSC_0215.jpg

One of the outbuildings
DSC_0235.jpg

If only my office was this tidy.
DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

Employee of the month award?
DSC_0294.jpg

I didn't dare push the red button
DSC_0352.jpg

Obligatory corridor shot
DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

I did get chance for a solo visit shortly after but was sent packing by a very weird security guard.

Unfortunately the building has now been mostly demolished but the tower is still in place so I may try sneaking back in to climb it and see what is up there.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details