real time web analytics
Report - - Vue Cinema, Pilsworth - November 2014 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Vue Cinema, Pilsworth - November 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
Vue Cinema, Pilsworth

Explored with ViralEye and Kenni

After a shit ton of rain, drains were off the menu again ( :( ) so a hastily planned derp was arranged. That plan changed again right at the last minute after seeing a recent photo of this place on failbook, a cinema seemed a better proposition than the original derp. It closed in 2010, but is still in fair condition. Most of the screens are damaged, theres the expected holes in the roof letting water in the place, and general trashiness where the local yoof have been in.

Wikipedia said:
Pilsworth is a small area in the Metropolitan Borough of Bury, Greater Manchester, England. It was most well known locally for homing Park 66, a leisure park that consisted of a cinema, a ten-pin bowling alley, an Asda superstore and a selection of restaurants such as Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Frankie & Benny's and Chiquito. However following the closure of the cinema most of the other retail and leisure venues followed suit with only Asda, Pizza Hut, McDonalds and Frankie and Bennies remaining.

Some random review on t'internet said:
One of the North West's oldest multiplex cinemas, Vue Cinema at Pilsworth is starting to look a little dated now. It boasts around a dozen large screen cinemas within the one complex, which show the latest releases alongside returning classics.

The age of the cinema is starting to act against it. The seating is on gently sloping floors in the main screens, rather than the newer style banked seating you might find at more modern multiplexes. The sound systems in the smaller screens are also starting to feel dated.

As with all cinema complexes, refreshments are offered in the form of ice creams, popcorn, sweets, pick and mix etc etc, but of course they suffer from massive price hikes compared to the high street. It's probably best to either eat before you go or take something with you!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Southendboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very sad to see so much waste when buildings like this are closed. I have been looking for around 250 blue theatre seats without success, but there are so many cinemas and theatres closed with them still installed. They will probably be scrapped at some point.

Daniel.

MindRoofer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very nice! I said the same on ViralEye's post, but I'm thinking of heading down there myself and was wondering if you had any tips?

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Went to have a nosey at this recently has never done a cinema. And damn no way in :-(. Went all way round even where all the Lorrys are working seems well boarded up. Also seems like 2 other buildings near by are closed up one i think was a bowling alley. No way in to them i could see but clearly people have tried lol. Anyhow shame i did not get the pics i wanted to add to my collection.

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Went to have a nosey at this recently has never done a cinema. And damn no way in :-(. Went all way round even where all the Lorrys are working seems well boarded up. Also seems like 2 other buildings near by are closed up one i think was a bowling alley. No way in to them i could see but clearly people have tried lol. Anyhow shame i did not get the pics i wanted to add to my collection.

Paranormal eh?

Hmmmm, did you try asking the Orbz nicely to open a door or window for you? Usually works for me anyway! ;)