real time web analytics
Report - - W H Shaw pallet works – Diggle – Jan 2013 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - W H Shaw pallet works – Diggle – Jan 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Marsden1002

Love it!
28DL Full Member
Hello!

History taken from Mr Beady 's report - Thanks :D

WH Shaw Dobcross works, for 37 years until 2006 it had been the home of Shaw’s Pallet Works, reputedly one of the largest pallet works in Europe. Known locally as ‘The Cathedral’ the main building housing the clock tower, is a Grade 2 listed building.

Been meaning to have a look at this one before, and with sections of it being a "live" site i was put off the first time. The Lone Ranger kindly gave me a possible access location but had been sealed, on my way out i managed to spot something and make my way in!

The place is full of pigeon poop so i would recommend a set of gloves and a hood or hat to avoid poo in your hair! It was also the first place i had really visited with pigeons, and by god they scare you!

DSC_1058.jpg

DSC_1045.jpg

The door at the end leads to the offices, but its sealed tight. The place does look slightly trashed (looking thou the key hole) with insulation hanging down so access must of been available at one time, but couldn't see one today :(

DSC_1041.jpg

DSC_1039.jpg

DSC_1037.jpg

DSC_1034.jpg

Tried to revive them but i think they are "past there best"

DSC_1033.jpg

DSC_1032.jpg

DSC_1027.jpg

DSC_1024.jpg

DSC_1021.jpg

DSC_1008.jpg

Again didn't have my tripod on my so everything was handheld, even had to use flash on a couple of shots :eek:

Thanks!