real time web analytics
Report - - Wades, Hill Works, Stoke-On-Trent, Nov 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wades, Hill Works, Stoke-On-Trent, Nov 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ymwoods

28DL Member
28DL Member
Ok guys, for my first report i'v gone for an easy one that has been done loads of times but after having a look through the others I have tried to select shots of a few places that others don't seem to have got to/taken any of (along with a few of the norm!)

IMAG0601.jpg

History​

The Hill Works factory was built in 1814 and was occupied by Wades Ltd from 1954 until 2010 where they then moved to a new site in Stoke-On-Trent near Festival Park. In 1953 Wades introduced a line called Whimsies which was basically a re-issue of some animal figures they did before the war. These became very popular and they still do lines such as this today (my mum has one sat on the mantle piece!)

Report​

Attended with OcKiller

The way into this place was a bit sketchy, with me almost getting my head taken off with a half open door, but eventually we managed to find a way in. I had been here previously with Baj but on that occasion it seemed to have just been all boarded up and secured.

IMAG0506.jpg

IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0581.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

IMAG0590.jpg

We very quickly found the old Kilns as shown in the other reports but after taking a few shots and having a look in the tourist room we decided to disappear off and look in some of the side rooms that were a bit more hidden.

IMAG0586.jpg

There was literally pallets of these things stacked up in all different colours and stages of production. Some of the ones nearer the bottom also seemed to be in perfect condition.

IMAG0591.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

IMAG0577.jpg

We started to come across lots of moulds that were obviously used only just before the place was abandoned. Everything from Tetley tea to Tony the tiger figurines.

IMAG0574.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0571.jpg

A lot of the older Moulds were completely smashed but every so often we came across a brilliant stash of un-damaged ones. Some of the moulds were amazing with the amount of different parts that had to be slotted together to make the different pottery,

IMAG0570.jpg

IMAG0564.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

IMAG0561.jpg

Probably what some of the above big open areas looked like before the gutting of the place?

IMAG0558.jpg

IMAG0554.jpg

IMAG0550.jpg

As we were walking about we came across a few photos of old workers in uniforms, some of them were pretty badly damaged but this one seemed to have faired a little better, if a little dirty.

IMAG0544.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

My first try at adding some of the filters that other people apply to make the photography more interesting. I will take the points for effort, but I promise to try harder on the interesting part :)

Thank you all for looking! I'v tried to make this a bit different from the other reports I found for Wades :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details