real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Wakefield Express - 18th May 2007 | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Wakefield Express - 18th May 2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beany

Page 15 - Wakefield Express 18th May 2007

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE: http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12798

"Explorers hit derelict buildings"

A club whose members snaek into derelict buildings to take spooky photos have targeted two sites in the city.

The group, who call themseleves urban explorers, have posted a message on their website about entering the former Stanley Royd site

Many of the buildings have been turned into flats but there are still some derelict parts.

The group also allege to have entered Walton Primary School's old building as well as a derelict site in Normanton.

Urban Explorers target unused of derelict buildings accross the UK to take photographs of what they find.

The idea has been branded reckless and irresponsible by the developers responsible for the Stanly Royd site and the Royal Society for the Prevention of accidents.

An explorer calling himself Leary wrote: "As most of you already know the majority of this place has been converted to flats but there is still quite a few buildings left for a mooch.there is a lot of building work going on at the neighboring Pinderfields hospital so if anyone plans on going i suggest the weekend or evenings are the best times.I went in about 5 or 6 buildings and it was just a case of walking straight in,nothing cheeky"

A message about sneaking into Walton school was posted last week, it reads " In my village Walton, there has been a new school built for the infant and juniors (sic), so that means there are going to be two empty schools. One was built in 1910, the other is alot newer. Just wondering what the security is like on this type of stuff. I know they don't have CCTV but I guess the alarm system will probably still work and to find a way in is going to be pretty hard"

A map of a site in Normanton was also posted on the website with Explorers stating that they plan to go soon.

:thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details