real time web analytics
Report - - Walking the disused Railway between Barrow Hill & Seymour Jnc - August 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Walking the disused Railway between Barrow Hill & Seymour Jnc - August 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

skycloud2025

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Guys!

We recently walked & explored the long disused trackbed between Barrow Hill & Seymour Junction in Derbyshire, via Foxlow & Hall Lane Junctions. Most track was lifted or stolen half a dozen years back, however a fair few relics still remain including track, signalling and an odd little Pill Box. Below is a video we made of the explore, and a few images to accompany. Cheers

GH012814_Moment2.jpg

A disused but still operational signal between Hall Lane Junction & Barrow Hill

GH012814_Moment.jpg

A short section of severed rail near Barrow Hill

DSC_4306.JPG

A sorrowful yard lamp tower and ladders

DSC_4304.JPG

A shell of a signal at Hall Lane Junction

DSC_4309.JPG

A Pill Box with a tunnel behind it, need to return with a light?

DSC_4307.JPG

A section between Hall Lane Junction & Barrow Hill

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Maybe a look in that tunnel might be worth it, honestly can't imagine it been much but who knows? The SSR might be hidden away in there! ;)

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I literally just a few minutes ago got shown a picture. It goes in around 10 meters, then takes a 90 right but the roof has sadly collapsed

Ah shame, would be interesting to find out what it was actually there for?

Great video and report by the way, just finished watching, reading it, I know Phil Sangwell good bloke plenty of knowledge and photos when it comes to the world of railways!

skycloud2025

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah shame, would be interesting to find out what it was actually there for?

Great video and report by the way, just finished watching, reading it, I know Phil Sangwell good bloke plenty of knowledge and photos when it comes to the world of railways!

Thanks for the kind comments, yeah Phil is a Legend :)

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Very good - a map would have helped me even if you had to hand draw it. I particularly liked your detail of what used to be to the left and right plus the inserted pictures in the video.

skycloud2025

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very good - a map would have helped me even if you had to hand draw it. I particularly liked your detail of what used to be to the left and right plus the inserted pictures in the video.

Thankyou, that's nice to hear as it's the first time i'd tried that with images and doing a descriptive voice over. Thanks for the feedback :)

Barneylad06

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Guys!

We recently walked & explored the long disused trackbed between Barrow Hill & Seymour Junction in Derbyshire, via Foxlow & Hall Lane Junctions. Most track was lifted or stolen half a dozen years back, however a fair few relics still remain including track, signalling and an odd little Pill Box. Below is a video we made of the explore, and a few images to accompany. Cheers

GH012814_Moment2.jpg

A disused but still operational signal between Hall Lane Junction & Barrow Hill

GH012814_Moment.jpg

A short section of severed rail near Barrow Hill

DSC_4306.JPG

A sorrowful yard lamp tower and ladders

DSC_4304.JPG

A shell of a signal at Hall Lane Junction

DSC_4309.JPG

A Pill Box with a tunnel behind it, need to return with a light?

DSC_4307.JPG

A section between Hall Lane Junction & Barrow Hill
Also, any updates? Is it still there