real time web analytics
Report - - Walkley Clogs Museum, Mytholmroyd - Jul 18 | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Walkley Clogs Museum, Mytholmroyd - Jul 18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Heyitsmeggixx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Planning is still pending for several reasons -

A bat survey has been requested - these can / would generally only be done between May and August​
The council think 11 houses isn't enough​
The current plans do not give good enough site lines for the access​
Concerns about it being on a flood plain​
Insufficient wheelchair access to the site / properties​
Insufficient pedestrian access to the site due to the narrow pavement​

Nothing insurmountable, but demolition is far from imminent on the face of it.

Also, this is the sixth application for conversion to housing here. Three were withdrawn and two were refused for some of the above reasons and other factors.
Has there been an update on this? Thinking of going next week but don't want to be traveling 34 miles for a pile of rubble :oops:

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Has there been an update on this? Thinking of going next week but don't want to be traveling 34 miles for a pile of rubble

A quick check here shows new plans have been submitted in the last few days. They address some of the points but, there's not likely to be bat survey results for a while. It says the application is still pending so I'd go for it.

The prospect of demolition or no-access is all part of this silly hobby. 34 miles is considered virtually on your doorstep by most lol

Cloth Head

28DL Regular User
Regular User
does anyone know who owns this? I know someone that would like the steam engine.

Last edited:

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've been meaning to go here for years! Guess I better get my arse into gear and go see this before the planning application does meet all the criteria then!

Who has read this thread (Total: 230) View details