real time web analytics
Report - - Walkleys Clogs, Halifax, April 2015 | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Walkleys Clogs, Halifax, April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
nice set dude, captured it better than me, i went last weekend after joes and really couldn't be arsed to take nice photos, ran around the place on auto just for the sake of a report then spent the rest ot the time playing in the wendy house :D made me laugh, we turned up and there was a couple of chunky lads with tripods pottering about looking for access, lets say they weren't built for the way we got in, the look on there faces when we found our way in was a picture!! the one lad actually offered to help me kick the door in.... probably give that one a miss mate!! didnt set the bells off on the ground floor then? they were definitely working last weekend :P

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Why does nobody ever photograph the steam engine here? Pretty certain I'm the only one who has! Would be nice to see it get a little more press...

A nice report though!

UrbanD3cay

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice set dude, captured it better than me, i went last weekend after joes and really couldn't be arsed to take nice photos, ran around the place on auto just for the sake of a report then spent the rest ot the time playing in the wendy house :D made me laugh, we turned up and there was a couple of chunky lads with tripods pottering about looking for access, lets say they weren't built for the way we got in, the look on there faces when we found our way in was a picture!! the one lad actually offered to help me kick the door in.... probably give that one a miss mate!! didnt set the bells off on the ground floor then? they were definitely working last weekend :p

From what you described we probably got in the same way as you, there was no one else there whilst I was there and no alarms as far as I know:D[/QUOTE]

UrbexMistress

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My parents used to take me and my sister here as children. It was a magical place on the run up to Xmas. They had a mechanical Father Christmas asleep, snoring in his bed haha. Loads of decorations and Xmas trees. Great photos, shame to see it left to decay.
This brings back lots of childhood memories of the Christmas shop. I seem to remember a mannequin sat at a table pouring a never ending cup of tea, along with the mechanical santa and reindeer...

Cjurbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome pics Urban D3cay thanks :) do you need face masks in there? ive never bothered but whats the whole reason with masks? cheers!

Puddlejumper

28DL Member
28DL Member
Great report! Just to echo previous comments i too used to go there fairly often as a child so i loved this post, it truly was a fantastic place at Xmas. I always regretted not going to have a last look round before it shut and as i'm new to Urbex it never crossed my mind to have a look after.
Sadly i wont get the chance to do either as it burned down in 2019 and has since been completely demolished.