real time web analytics
Report - - Wallerscote island, Cheshire - March 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wallerscote island, Cheshire - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
  • So this is my second time posting about here (sorry) but this time I have figured out how to put the pictures on properly and there is more of them!
We had a great time as usual at limebeds and I personally think its one of the best sites around here, defiantly worth a visit for anyone in the area! sorry for the crappy pictures - I took them on my phone. (Hoping to go back soon to take more pictures inside the actual factory because on this visit I mainly took pictures of people for my graphics project and I am not posting them on here- gotta be careful!)

This factory used to create soda ash. When inside the factory there is a layer of soda ash covering everything, this is why it is also called 'the snow factory'. The factory is apparently still being used, however by the look of it and the lack of people there, you would have never thought it! Wallerscote island was completed in 1926 and was owned by Brunner Mond first. It then passed onto ICI then TATA chemicals. The factory is probably the easiest to access out of all the factories at TATA's Winnington site. This makes it very popular with urbexers and also because of its magnificent metal structure and decaying interior!:cool:
2015-03-14 18.50.22.jpg
2015-03-14 18.25.05.jpg
2015-03-14 18.57.20.png
2015-03-14 18.01.13.jpg
2015-03-14 18.43.58.jpg
2015-03-14 18.46.35.jpg
gvhjh,.jpg
hsdku.jpg
jtygf.jpg
juy.jpg
kmjhb.jpg
nkj.jpg
ret.jpg
zmdjs.jpg
jkk.jpg
edit.jpg
2015-03-14 18.34.35.jpg

Thanks for looking:thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So you didn't get into the building then? So it's not really a report it's just externals and most of those fixed with group shots which if they needed posting should be in People shots not forming the majority of a report.......which isn't a report as you didn't get in :)

Considering you didn't want to post pics of people I think you've kind of slipped up , don't you think ?

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So you didn't get into the building then? So it's not really a report it's just externals and most of those fixed with group shots which if they needed posting should be in People shots not forming the majority of a report.......which isn't a report as you didn't get in :)

Considering you didn't want to post pics of people I think you've kind of slipped up , don't you think ?
But I did get in and there is a picture of it...

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you think it's all external photos what are pictures 4 and 10? Obviously they are internal photos.
Sorry about capturing these photos and sharing them on here for people to view. This place is due to be demolished very soon so I thought I would post them on here for people to look at once this place is gone.
I know I am not a good photographer and I take most pictures for my own use to remember memories, but I have a keen interest for places like this. I'm pretty sure no one starts off being a fantastic photographer- we all have to start somewhere.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well I apogee for missing that picture ;) But nonetheless the other points still apply mate and need attention

You may then get some comments off some of the members that have viewed it then, unlike the present situation .

Advice is given to benefit you & your reports not me.

If you take anything of this on board is up to you, I couldn't care less ......like Ed Milliband .....I tried ;)

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well I apogee for missing that picture ;) But nonetheless the other points still apply mate and need attention

You may then get some comments off some of the members that have viewed it then, unlike the present situation .

Advice is given to benefit you & your reports not me.

If you take anything of this on board is up to you, I couldn't care less ......like Ed Milliband .....I tried ;)
Aha I will take your advice on board:thumb

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
it is hard to get good pics inside,i know i've got loads and keep deleting them,probably something to do with the maze of platforms and steps everywhere making pics look confusing.pic 8 though:Not Worthy

keat_expo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
it is hard to get good pics inside,i know i've got loads and keep deleting them,probably something to do with the maze of platforms and steps everywhere making pics look confusing.pic 8 though:Not Worthy
Yeah that's very true, hard to focus and get the lighting right, especially as I was using my phones camera and also because they've stepped up security here:eek::banghead and thankyou :thumb