real time web analytics
Report - - Walsall College of Arts & Technology, St Paul's Campus - September 09 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Walsall College of Arts & Technology, St Paul's Campus - September 09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Visited with A Man Called Martyn, Bubblehead, and God.

History on this place seems non-existant, so I'm hoping one of the others has more luck in sourcing it than I have. The St. Paul's campus of Walsall College of Arts & Technology looks to have closed at the end of the last academic year in favour of the newly build college site across the road. The campus is earmarked for total demolition with a Tesco taking its' place.

It's pretty empty, but still a few bits and bobs to see. The view from the roof's alright, as long as you block that fact that it's Walsall out of your mind. ;)

1.jpg

Reception area.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Library & Resources department.

4.jpg

Outside "The Kitchen".

5.jpg

Student Union bar.

6.jpg

Design Tech room.

7.jpg

Hair & Beauty.

8.jpg

Child Development.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Science.

11.jpg

Walsall. :gay

12.jpg

Martyn suggested we get a bit of a make-over before we left, so we had a quick rinse + dry.

13.jpg

14.jpg

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Having looked for any history on the college i have drawn a blank.Its history is a bigger mystery than whatever happened to Jimmy Hoffa? or why did Cadburys kill off the Spira?.Still here are a few of mine from the explore.Just a shame that we could not find access to the roof of the tower block on site.
Still i attended this college a few years ago for my City & Guilds 2391.The plans for the new college and new tesco had just being unveiled.The new college would be built on land tesco had owned for many years but had failed to get planning permission for a store on the site over fears it would kill off walsall town centre.In return tesco would gain the current college site to redevelop for the new supermarket.The college was at this site for 50 years before it closed.
If it was a Victorian vinegar factory or a 159 year old Victorian mansion, I would have no trouble finding out something about the history.

DSCF3512.jpg

DSCF3482.jpg

DSCF3493.jpg

DSCF3472.jpg

DSCF3432.jpg

DSCF3459.jpg

DSCF3479.jpg

DSCF3467.jpg

DSCF3501.jpg

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow looks amazing and I go to Walsall college now and it’s much more modern and it’s so much bigger now (Wisemore campus that is ) and just looks better than the old one