real time web analytics
Report - - Wandsworth and Battersea Relief Sewer (nearly Devils Gate), London Jan 2019 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wandsworth and Battersea Relief Sewer (nearly Devils Gate), London Jan 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Looks mental that siologen! We were there less than an hour after low water, so I'd say tideway now plays a part. Might have to have a rethink or pay more careful attention to tides, yeah. It would appear the inverted siphon crosses over something it would've otherwise clashed with, no? Wouldn't the small hole be there to drain away what would otherwise remain there after storm flows? A bit like TheVicar described in his Labywrinth report. Or is the whole inverted siphon a flow control measure to slow everything down perhaps? 50m long! Whatever it is I've gotta see it and am very grateful for your input.

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
You did, yeah, which is why I've become so intrigued by it all. How they built something so vast such a long time ago and in such poor conditions is astounding! Makes the north look a piece of piss!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You did, yeah, which is why I've become so intrigued by it all. How they built something so vast such a long time ago and in such poor conditions is astounding! Makes the north look a piece of piss!

You wouldn’t catch me in HF when it rains :p

Who has read this thread (Total: 226) View details