real time web analytics
Report - - Wandsworth, Battersea, Wandle and Low Level Relief Sewers (all but the Devils Gate) London June 2019 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wandsworth, Battersea, Wandle and Low Level Relief Sewers (all but the Devils Gate) London June 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
I doubt there's a steep drop. Think it said mind yer ed. It's weird as fook round there. It might even be a dead end - there didn't seem to be any flow or it appeared to go both ways can't remember. I was in wellies and would have struggled wiv thigh wadorz. I'd like to go back to wandsworth area. I reckon there's more to see

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Thought some of yers might like these couple of drawings I came across. First two relate to the weird fork I couldn't get me head around at the start of the thread. Turns out London County Council were planning their storm reliefs with future modifications in mind - even though it was never modified and probably never will be now thanks to Tideway. Good on 'em though - makes for a nice picture

49774280392_fcbd9f26e6_b.jpg

49774808672_00f6f53521_m.jpg

This pic relates to the concrete connection with the Low Level No.2 at the upstream end of the Battersea and Wandsworth Relief - where the three holes now are. Don't remember noticing the patched up brickwork on the left from within the Interceptor (below.) It's only half a bell-mouth junction now! Obviously, the low level no.2 has been built downstream of here as well (it's blurry as fook in pic!) so it's flow no longer goes down the relief. The tumbling bay must have gone when they connected the 'nasty' Wandle Valley sewer or not have been built at all. Liked the manhole shaft drawing as well - heard this was an original entrance as well - fair play! Can send full size images if anyone wants them

45879435265_7b8dd30890_b.jpg

32918977858_a5c9255e8e_b.jpg

49773951541_7d4aef907f_b.jpg

Good work finding these drawings, it's always good to discover some explanations for the things we find.
If you could email me the full size images, that would be cool. The more diagrams the better :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 228) View details