Web
Analytics
Want to learn Parkour? | Urban Community Portal | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Want to learn Parkour?

D

Doidle

the roll is very tricky - make sure ur doing it right because if done wrong on concerete it will damage ur spine
apart from that a very useful move is the wall pop - basically just practice makes perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7qobsVHDp8&feature=PlayList&p=DF520EC5A90AE4EF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7
Isn't the correct way to execute a roll is to roll from the shoulder and go diagonally across the back? I dunno. I taught myself. xD

Thanks for the video by the way! I never thought of doing that! Looks like I've got something to keep myself occupied for the next few days. ;)

Are there novice climbing techniques could you suggest too? :p

T

tekwizz

Hey mate live in Ascot and have never done parkour before. I was wondering if I could have some more details about the timing/what I would need to bring. If I am not online y can email me at tekwizz123@gmail.com and I'll get back to y soon.

L

Lacey

I wouldn't mind learning Parkour, but unfortunately im not down south anymore im up in Derby, dont suppose anybody up this way want's to teach Parkor? Damnit wish i still lived in portsmouth now :/

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
Regular User
Isn't the correct way to execute a roll is to roll from the shoulder and go diagonally across the back?
Yup, keep one arm mostly straight, and roll on one shoulder - definitely practice on mats first, though. Going straight over is possible, but you need to be careful of your neck - it's more like doing a handstand then dropping into a roll.

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
Yup, keep one arm mostly straight, and roll on one shoulder - definitely practice on mats first, though. Going straight over is possible, but you need to be careful of your neck - it's more like doing a handstand then dropping into a roll.
DO NOT USE your neck lol. There is a fat bit on your upper arm (Deltoit muscle) Use that, nothing else, and then roll through diagonally onto your back.

T

thehitmen

I was doing parkour when it first came out, after channel 4 showed JumpLondon.

I am not as good as i once was, but still comes in handy to this day, when you need to climb up buildings etc...

I don't like the new idea of it been shown as a major sport, Dicks, back flipping of platforms.

Parkour was about getting from A-B with minimum disruption, letting obstacles become pathways.

I tell you, it saved my ass when i was photographic on top of a Cinema and bowling complex while it was in construction, security guard had no chance!

Miles

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello there, I'm a pretty experienced Tracuer of Parkour and am happy to teach/help anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals, especially if they don't mind filling me in on urbex'ing as i'm new to it, Bring on the Parkex'in :)

Montstar

28DL Member
Regular User
my missus has just started learning Parkour with her 51yr old dad!!

:Not Worthy