real time web analytics
War Art, Murals and Graffiti: Military Life, Power and Subversion | canute | 28DaysLater.co.uk

War Art, Murals and Graffiti: Military Life, Power and Subversion

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
War Art, Murals and Graffiti: Military Life, Power and Subversion (CBA Research Reports) [Paperback] by
Wayne Cocroft, Danielle Devlin, John Schofield, Roger J.C. Thomas

Really good value at £5 (at the moment) - superb colour photos of 20th century graffiti and wall murals which you may recognise from various sites

This book will present in accessible and visual form the diversity and significance of modern military wall art, largely in Britain, but set within its wider geographical and historical context. The integrated colour illustrations will be central to the narrative, accompanied by five essays that together describe the historical and wider context of military wall art, their form, meaning and significance, as well as the conservation dilemmas they present. Examples of wall art will be mostly World War II and post-World War II, with Cold War examples highlighting the cultural differences between NATO and the Warsaw Pact, and within NATO between British and American service traditions, and between military operations and the protest movement. The emphasis throughout will be on diversity - using striking visual images to express this archaeology of modern warfare.

War Art, Murals and Graffiti: Military Life, Power and Subversion: No. 147 (CBA Research Reports): Amazon.co.uk: Cocroft, Wayne D., Devlin, Danielle, Schofield, John, Thomas, Roger J. C.: 9781902771564: Books

tommo

shire lad born & breeding
28DL Full Member
grrrrrr out of stock when i looked, then carried on with my other order before realising i could of got it from else where :banghead

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details