real time web analytics
Report - - Warickshire masonice temple birmingham, October 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Warickshire masonice temple birmingham, October 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
So some history on this place clarendon suites was built and designed by john madin who was an architect who designed brutalist architecture in the 1960s 1970s and did this for 30 years unfortunately he passed away on the 8th of January 2012 in respect of John madin i highly respect his work with Brutalist architecture as i love these kind of buildings. The Clarendon suites also housed the Warwickshire Masonic temple which closed in 2014 moving to its new base in provincal gardens, Edgbaston therefore leaving the building to fall into disrepair for 7 years. The clarendon suites was meant for demolition but we have not seen that happened yet also on February 2019 there was a fire resulting in the Masonic temple in the building to fall apart leaving blackened walls and a heavy smell of burnt wood in the air.

So the Clarendon suites was quite easy to get there was no security or anything of the sort so as i went in i was met by the entrance which was lit up by a skylight therefore providing great photos as soon as you go through you see a long corridor leading up to the kitchen area which was badly trashed wires hanging out the ceiling and a heavy smell of urine in the air after this i went up the stairs to the second floor which in this place there are 5 sets of staircases all the suites are spread over 3 floors including a sub level basement which there was no access as the basement was flooded but this no problem as the upstairs rooms were massive after contending with the stairs i made my up to the main foyer of the place which had four skylights giving impressive light and picture quality too it took my breath knowing how nice it looked, thirdly i made my way up to the roof which was quite easy to get too the roof was quite solid as well you can see the many services used to power such a big building like the motor room for the lifts and the air conditioning rooms in this case there were 3 there were some great views on the roof too you could see the city centre, to conclude the explore i made my way through the various suites to where the bar is which was quite nice to see i also visited a toilet on one of the staircases which was very much trashed all in all this was a very good explore despite the mess and homeless people living there, i hope you enjoyed this stay safe and well adios.

This the front entrance which you are met with as you come in fairly intact

The second floor corridor just behind the banqueting suite note: copper thieves have stripped the ceiling leaving wires everywhere

Another room just of that corridor above

The main foyer of the suites

Really nice staircase leading up to the roof note: you can see the flooded basement down the bottom

The second staircase leading also up to the roof some nice blue carpets on them

One of the room on the roof as you can see its quite badly fire damaged

One of the cooling fans for the air conditioning

The lift motor room you can see the motors still there which is a rare thing

Me on the roof

Hmm.....i wonder whats down there

The bar with another function room, anyone like a drink

The service corridor with service rooms leading off

This camera has seen better days

Substation, with such a huge site demands a lot of electricity

A function room with a bar

Front staircase one

Front staircase two

Last but not least the front entrance if not many of the entrances

Thank and enjoy the photos and info my friends ;)

Last edited:

chills

Queller of the uprising
You definitely hyped this one up saying it would be a noteworthy report.. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, you’ve got some alright photos and you’ve included a good write up and history. Only criticism I’d have is including the correct name in your title.

This is definitely cream crackered as I said earlier, was getting on when I went. Below is one of my photos from 2018 so you can see the difference.

6C797D60-D568-4E97-8D11-76461503B371.jpeg

Bando Exploration

Ins unbekannte wagen
28DL Full Member
You definitely hyped this one up saying it would be a noteworthy report.. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, you’ve got some alright photos and you’ve included a good write up and history. Only criticism I’d have is including the correct name in your title.

This is definitely cream crackered as I said earlier, was getting on when I went. Below is one of my photos from 2018 so you can see the difference.

6C797D60-D568-4E97-8D11-76461503B371.jpeg
Oh yh it has changed a lot your right

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Well not what I was expecting, but to be fair you explored, reported & photographed, its how it is today sadly. Not very Masonic looking. But hey, its updated the location.

Who has read this thread (Total: 395) View details