real time web analytics
Information - - *Warning* Severalls, Colchester 31/03/2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - *Warning* Severalls, Colchester 31/03/2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Severalls

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Front page feature of Colchester Gazette tonight.

States guy sentenced to 40hrs Community service and fined for being in Severalls.

Contact at Magistrates says he also got 1yr Monitoring by Probation Service too...

Maybe I'll avoid it for a while! - Not sure how they achieve this... must have been criminal damage or aggrevated trespass?? surely

FrontPage.jpg
Inside.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Must have been some kind of crim damage done to warrant that

I've not bothered to read the full story but heard there's a full on debate and drama over on Facebook regarding this one :popcorn

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Also, until someone proves otherwise, I don't believe the story of the person getting done in court. I can't find any trace of that online at least.

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member
Ok i understand that this is one of the most visited places in the uk when it comes to Asylums but why on slap the "trasspass" crap on this place, the NHS still owes a few disused places though out the UK so why just one places NOT all the others???

ledgehammer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I dont know the full details, but theres a lot about a scheme with the nhs to gain revenue by doing something with the ruined hospitals, a lot of added pressure to get money. The DRI is about to be sold, along with others and it was mentioned that a lot of damage, and material theft has cost significant money (clearly not urbex). With this in mind it seems that there is a political avenue to this and perhaps an incentive to prosecuting in this fashion, it may pay to be cautious in hospitals.

ledgehammer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...t-and-free-up-space-for-housing-10141506.html

"One such deal in Derby is nearing completion. Services at the Derbyshire Royal Infirmary were moved to the Royal Derby Hospital in 2009, leaving the site vacant. The area became a haven for metal thieves and vandals, and Morrisons pulled out of a plan to put a supermarket there last year. But a deal for 400 houses to be built there is now expected to be signed off within days."

check out the photo of the D.R.I it don't look like that now ;-)

Severalls

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I blagged a call to colchester magistrates court - who gave me the info about the guy who was sentenced on 23rd February apparently.
Essex Chronicle usually publish those things anyway but theyve not got to that weeks proceedings yet.

...and the HSE website listed all the info about the fall from loft incident of May14 and only her employer (some bat survey/ecology company) were fined. I expect the nhs was investigated but clearly they couldnt make anything stick.
S2 of H&S @ work Act "anything occuring on your land" (vicariously liable for).

Share the link to the facebook convos... i wanna debate... :coat

Severalls

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I got caught on site and secco and his boss told me a guy had been to court on the Monday and got community service.
I didn't believe so phoned and checked and they confirmed - plus told me about the one year probation, a 10 day probation activity and it's actually a £195 fine...

Didn't think to ask their name - unlikely I'd know them!

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I got caught on site and secco and his boss told me a guy had been to court on the Monday and got community service.
I didn't believe so phoned and checked and they confirmed - plus told me about the one year probation, a 10 day probation activity and it's actually a £195 fine...

Didn't think to ask their name - unlikely I'd know them!

Do you know what he got charged with?

Severalls

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nope..
As mentioned above, can only assume it's gotta be more than basic trespass but!... this week I did have a copper say it would be aggravated trespass if I returned!
<luckily I was outside the fencing when caught this time>

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Nope..
As mentioned above, can only assume it's gotta be more than basic trespass but!... this week I did have a copper say it would be aggravated trespass if I returned!
<luckily I was outside the fencing when caught this time>

Copper is wrong. That's to do with travellers and there are conditions mentioned like minimum number of vehicles and residency.