real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Was landmark beyond hope? - Baswich House Stafford. Expressandstar.com | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Was landmark beyond hope? - Baswich House Stafford. Expressandstar.com

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Was landmark beyond hope?
Images taken inside a doomed Stafford landmark have been posted on the internet, just days before it is flattened

But campaigners say photographs uploaded onto website www.28dayslater.co.uk cast a new light on the claims.

They say the pictures, taken within the last few days by a mystery cameraman, show the building is in much better condition than the police authority has claimed

Full article

p.s, that would be a mystery cameraman going by the name 'a man called martyn' - and they have one of your pics up mate :cool:

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The picture has being used to highlight the plight of this building and therefore in the right context.

Last edited:
C

cat_bones

Have the Express and Star not mentioned 28DL before (I think in connection with the Royal) in a far less complimentary fashion?

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have the Express and Star not mentioned 28DL before (I think in connection with the Royal) in a far less complimentary fashion?

I think you have the Berkswich History society to thank for the postive article as they have being working hard to try and save the Building.I did meet two members when i revisited the site on sunday for a few more pictures,They had offered to help me with the history of the building,But i did not take them up on the offer as i got lost looking for there house should also say they were very supportive of my actions in entering the building.There was also a guy in a pick up truck in the fenced off compound around Baswich house who seemed to be just pinching old carpet tiles.There was another photographer taking pictures from the path who i offered to show around the house but they declined.

Last edited:
C

cat_bones

It's a postive step forward though, the inherent acknowledgement that urbexers are generally interested in conservation rather than vandalism and trouble-making. Let's hope that future articles from the Express&Star lean towards that perception instead of the usual crap about "breaking in" and "endangering themselves and others".

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
From the front page of the 10/3/09 edition of the Stafford Express & Star.Another one of my pictures used along with the stairwell shot.
BASWICH-ES001-1.jpg

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Last but one paragraph....

Police Authority Chairman Mike Poulter was unavailable for comment today as he is collecting his MBE for services to the community at Buckingham Palace.

well that says it all really! :crazy

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I don't suppose you have a much higher res image mate ? Doesn't matter about image size when it comes to being able to read the text.

These pictures have caused a bit of a fuss eh?

flasher

Mind the feeeence......!
28DL Full Member

Oh yes, and were invoiced accordingly! My signature below is a quote from the said article. :rolleyes:

S

Spooksie

We go from villains to being cast as heroes in one step. Nice and positive but wait I can hear the tabloids sharpening their pens....
Congrats to the man with the camera though.

Status
Not open for further replies.