real time web analytics
General - - Water levels dropping | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Water levels dropping

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Come down in Oct/Nov and I'll show you Jetty and Crater at Noxon, they're fabulous.

Hutchy95

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
a flood point in the central area, its unclear whether the deep areas could be accessed from here, also getting to this point involves a lot of rough ground and the odd bit of clambering, not ideal for kitted up divers.

DSC_9545.JPG
That water looks beautifully clear! :D I think it’s definitely worth a trip down, I’ll have to make sure I take so pictures down there for you

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
the water is clear though a lot of it has a sort of thin scum on the surface, you'll see this if you reach the flooded points.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Come down in Oct/Nov and I'll show you Jetty and Crater at Noxon, they're fabulous.
That would be great but I'm way up in Scotland, don't get down south too often (though I'm originally from Maidstone!

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Ahh.

Well, if youre ever down this way gimme a shout. I escaped too, originally from Bromley lol.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Your June picture is about the same as my June picture from 2010, in fact it's possibly slightly lower in mine. That's slightly disappointing because I thought the water would be exceptionally low after the extended dry spell we've had. It does back up my theory though, that the weather has little bearing on the water levels inside the mine.

4917088724_fa187451b7_b.jpg
I had a wander round Cults on Tuesday (5/10/2021) and the level was even lower than this, you could walk up to the large wheel without stepping in the water. Peering in the opening behind some sort of machinery was visible, presumably where a pump was located.

Who has read this thread (Total: 242) View details