real time web analytics
Report - - Water tower-High Legh-12/9/7 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Water tower-High Legh-12/9/7

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

romanian1

Visited with Userscott.

Built in 1938 to improve the water supply to the high legh area, the watertower pumps from the booster reservoir at Dunham/Bowdon and is due to be decommissioned at some point this year, however ive been waiting months to try this and impatience got the better of me.

Its barely even that tall and not of huge architechtural significance but i very much like it without really knowing quite why, maybe its the slight art deco influence, the shape of the windows or even the tower itself but either way i find it a very attractive building.

DSCF7753.jpg

Its situated within the grounds of a house but after a quick knock on the door and establishing no one was home we decided a quick rooftopping was in order.

DSCF7747.jpg

DSCF7746.jpg

Confirming it was still live by looking at the logbook i noticed the last entry was dated the 10th, 2 days ago.
DSCF7734.jpg

Finding they used Budenberg gauges was a bonus but hardly surprising.
DSCF7728.jpg

I had no tripod so some of the pictures are a little dark, a spiral staircase went through the centre of the tank
DSCF7696.jpg

DSCF7712.jpg

DSCF7699.jpg

DSCF7700.jpg

Scott at the top.
DSCF7705.jpg

Looking across the very flat cheshire plain, towards Manchester.
DSCF7711.jpg

PaulM

28DL Member
28DL Member
Locked in an inaccessible photos file I have a load of pics of this place as I went on an open day there when it was put up for auction. At the time I lived on the estate opposite. The staircase to the roof I found challenging!