Web
Analytics
Report - - Weatherbys Falcon Works, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent - May 2009 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Weatherbys Falcon Works, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent - May 2009

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Visited at night at first, but realised I had to go back in the day to get it all in.

From a 1913 letterhead, here's what the site looked like, although I think there's a bit of 'arstist's impression' going on here...

IMG_4559.jpg

and this is what it looks like nowadays, I've sketched on the bits I think are missing...

1-2.jpg

A view of the bottle kiln from the yard...

IMG_6875.jpg

Going inside, there's a great mix of new and old, you can really get a feel for the tight working conditions here...

Modern kiln...

IMG_6868.jpg

Bottle Kiln...

IMG_6883.jpg

This machine was full of wooden things, maybe to remove imperfections from fired goods?...

IMG_6869.jpg

In the offices, old paperwork...

IMG_6878.jpg

Various rooms...

IMG_6891.jpg

IMG_6892.jpg

IMG_6895.jpg

IMG_6904.jpg

Looking up at the bottle kiln...

IMG_6896.jpg

Like a lot of the potteries there's mountains of finished and part-finished stock around...

IMG_6900.jpg

A mould for a tankard...

IMG_6893.jpg

and finally, a few snippets from an old Evening Sentinel...

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg