real time web analytics
Report - - WEC International, Buckinghamshire. December 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - WEC International, Buckinghamshire. December 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A LITTLE HISTORY ON WEC
(History Stolen from Wiki)
WEC International (WEC) is an interdenominational mission agency of evangelical tradition which focuses on evangelism, discipleship and church planting, through music and the arts, serving addicts and vulnerable children, through Christian education, missionary and church leadership training, medical and development work, Bible translation, literacy and media production, in order to help local Christians share the gospel cross-culturally. WEC emphasises the importance of shared life in a local church as a vital expression of Christian life. WEC prioritises the planting of churches among indigenous people groups and unreached people groups, who have little or no access to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Bulstrode Park, Gerards Cross was a WEC headquarters until closure in 2018, and eventually the sale of the estate in December 2018.

THE EXPLORE
It was an early start for my exploring partner @DoraTheUrbanExplora617 and myself, leaving Wiltshire just after 7am in order to get to this location at a decent hour! We got into Buckinghamshire in good time and found the location without much trouble at all despite it being hidden away off the road up a VERY long drive. Seeing as we didn't have too much intel on this location, we thought it best to ditch the motor a bit further away and make our final approach on foot. Hopping a couple of shabby fences, over a couple of soaking fields and through a thick patch of woods in order to stay off the drive and not be seen by anyone we made it up to the gates of the estate which as expected, were obviously locked! Not to worry, a quick scout along the perimeter showed an access point and before we knew it we were inside the grounds of this spectacular place...... we wandered around cautiously to the back of the building and to our surprise were able to more or less slip straight inside the without being noticed! The building itself is pretty huge with corridors, stairs and doorways leading all over the place! Trying to navigate the building methodically in order to see it all (which i THINK we achieved) it did not disappoint, the vast majority of the building is completely untouched other than most of the furniture being gone and the views from the balconies were awesome! We ended our explore in the main foyer/reception area of the building which has some grand architecture to take in before making our way out only to walk through the last courtyard and hear alarms start to go off! As I said, luckily we had seen pretty much everything but made a sharpish exit none the less back to the motor and reflect on another successful December outing! Anyone looking to explore or visit this location, I would advise to do so sooner rather than later as the estate has now been bought and no doubt wont be explorable for that much longer!

Thanks for reading..... now on to the pictures :)

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

Rob florey 001

The Urban Exploration Team
28DL Full Member
Awesome report here !! We also went to check it out and the alarms were still sounding to the left of the main gate, weird they went off as you were leaving and not while you were in there, this put us off this time round but we well return prompto lol.

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! It was a really top day out and I would recommend going there sooner rather than later! One of the best features of this place is being able to get right up into the bell/clock tower and being able to see the whole mechanism behind it! Also made for some really good shots of the place from above!

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was a cracking place and the weather on the day made it that bit more impressive! Other than windows and a few panels, there was literally no damage at all dude!

john75

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not being funny, but i think it is a disgrace that an entity that claims to raise money for charity would have spent it on a house like that which obviously cost MANY millions.. "Not for profit" No, we do not make a profit, we spend it all on ourselves...

john..

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not being funny, but i think it is a disgrace that an entity that claims to raise money for charity would have spent it on a house like that which obviously cost MANY millions.. "Not for profit" No, we do not make a profit, we spend it all on ourselves...

john..
I think the estate was bought for, in the region of 15mil...... just to add insult to injury! could be wrong though...

Jack430T

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was also the site the production company used for the recent Johnny English film (The school scenes)
Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 23.00.40.png

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.52.14.png

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Not a bad morning stroll :thumb
Can't help but wonder what anyone turning up might have made of this :brew

image1.jpg

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was also the site the production company used for the recent Johnny English film (The school scenes)
Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 23.00.40.png

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.52.14.png
It was indeed...... I went to have a look a little while back and as I got there I could see film crew everywhere lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 316) View details