Web
Analytics
Weddington Castle/ Weddington Hall | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Weddington Castle/ Weddington Hall

Buddha

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi guys. This is my first post and I apologise if it is in the wrong category but this thread seems most fitting.

I was wondering if anyone has any info on Weddington Castle/Hall that isn't on its website

Weddington Castle - Home.

I am really interested in seeing some blueprints of the castle overlayed onto a current map.
I know the castle it's self no longer exists but I have heard many rumors of a tunnel system that was blocked off years ago. I would like to see these and take some great photographs for anyone interested in Weddingtons history.
Any information given will be a great help.
Thanks

Buddha

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thankyou for your reply. I look forward to seeing some responses to this as it would mean a lot to me to be able to find these tunnels.

portugal7

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thankyou for your reply. I look forward to seeing some responses to this as it would mean a lot to me to be able to find these tunnels.
There have long been rumours of a set of tunnels between the Castle, the Church and the Grove (formerly Fox & Crane pub, the building is now being turned into flats).

Suspect tunnels may not have survived building on the Castle land when housing estate was built there in 1930s, but there are a couple of interesting leads I've seen... In 1996, when Fox & Crane closed for last time, I managed to get into the cellar and took a picture of a bricked up tunnel entrance I'd heard of . Presume this is still down there somewhere in the current building development...also over the back of the Grove (actually in the back garden of a house in Winchester avenue) is what appears to be an overground tunnel entrance; there were rumours this was for a tunnel that led all the way to Caldecote . If you pm me I'll send you the pics

Good luck - I'd love to hear what you turn up!