real time web analytics
Report - - Wellington ROC Post - Somerset Group - July '10 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wellington ROC Post - Somerset Group - July '10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

FrayedSanity

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited Wellington ROC post back in July with Styru.

Situated in a very overgrown compound the hatch is difficult to access but open.

DSC_0477.jpg

Flooded to a depth of about 6 inches with a seized pump this post has seen better days.

DSC_0421.jpg

DSC_0425.jpg

A few artifacts remain.

DSC_0448.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

By the looks of it at some point someone has attempted to give this post a second life. All the woodwork has been stripped back and all of the polystyrene tiles have been removed.

DSC_0437.jpg

Amongst the detritus there are various artist materials such as pencils and paintbrushes.

DSC_0466.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

The pictures of me were taken by Styru and his camera was used for all of them. Sorry for the lack of long shots we only had a prime.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Yep, bit of a pit this one, it's a pity as someone clearly had plans for it at some point.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Is it just a case of priming a seized pump' or do you need to pour in some releasing oil (fine oil) first? Is it worth servcing one for swapping out to another post?

Was the post prone to flooding or just because it was open to the elements?

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
This was my 3rd time down this one, hatch has always been closed, and the 6 inches of water seems a pretty constant level.

Pump is a no-go without a full strip and repair I think.