real time web analytics
Report - - Welsh Roadtrip (Various) 07/12 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Welsh Roadtrip (Various) 07/12

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Clough

L.L.S
28DL Full Member
VISITED WITH GeoVdub

c87593e2.jpg

With all the cool shit being done in Wales at the moment me and Geo packed up the boot of the car and hit the road. Lots of milage, flapjack, LOLs and Kendal Mint Cake.....

14fe4c0e.jpg

Above: Best of Wales

First up on the way we had a look at this place, turns out The National Lotttery Fund got there before us and filled the place with scaffold! So it wasnt that cracking....

LION SALT, NORTHWICH

9a232765.jpg

Opened by John Thompson Jr in 1894, this place extracted salt from brine. Later on during the 20th century more efficient methods of extracting and refining salt were developed, and by 1960 the works was the only business continuing to use the open pan process in the country. The business closed down in 1986 when the West African markets, the major purchaser of natural salt were lost because of the Nigerian Civil War. Its being turned into a muesum at the cost of 8 million. I can see why its pretty much 90 per cent gone with just the newly place scaffold holding it up.

28cd586b.jpg
04ba397e.jpg

Next up heading into the land of rain, sheep and slate!...

PENMACHNO SPINNING MILL

4f81efe6.jpg

Dont know much about this place but from the visiter leaflets scattered around the place it seems this mill was powered by the nextdoor stream closed down and later on its life it was rescued and the spinners put back into work in the 90s to make rugs and clothes for visters to buy. But it seems it suffered poor sales due to limited parking and the fact its in the middle of no where!

d4186208.jpg
30e9d4cd.jpg

484ec1fb.jpg

4dd3a3f7.jpg

de4eddcf.jpg
434b3f68.jpg

Next up.....

GWASG GEE PRINTERS

58261543.jpg

Everybody knows this place at the mo, its like a little non-fucked George Barnsleys. This was my second visit as me and Sammydoublewhammy popped in a warl back....

5f2d7679.jpg
9576459b.jpg

b833e70e.jpg

Next up....

DENBIGH ASYLUM

7ce96422.jpg

Proper LOL this place, we were saying to each other "This place is piss if we just dont n00b it up and get caught straight away" 5 secs later we were walking up the main road! :banghead Safe to the say the welsh 7ft tall inbred shit us up when he shouted at us. Reload and start again 10 mins later and we are safely in one of the 100000s of windows, open doors, knocked down walls etc. The place in knackered!

c7b01bf3.jpg
6ee32e3e.jpg

ab9d92b7.jpg

We were trying to get to the main tower but asylums are like mazes and we ran out of time...

e6c0e83a.jpg

Anyway thats, it hope you enjoyed my take on JSTs fantastic "Trans Europe Express" :thumb

Thank you!!