Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Welwyn Garden City, QE2 Hospital... | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Welwyn Garden City, QE2 Hospital...

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Just got this off a mate...

I was up at Welwyn Garden City the other day and saw the recently closed Queen Elizabeth II hospital, right beside Commons Wood camp site.

I looked through the 28DL site and searched but didn't see any reports on it.

Demolition has begun at the front door main entrance, but there is still the main block and smaller blocks surrounding it which might be worth a mention, somebody might fancy it.
Forgot to mention about the security at the hospital, simple temporary fencing around the buildings with the name of some security company, but I walked around the site several times during the weekend and didn't see any security. Tried a few doors accessible from outside the fence, all locked. Looked through some windows and all the kit was still in there. Nobody challenged me. There are CCTV cameras around the new part of the hospital.

Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
The £30 million New QEII Hospital, which is on the same Howlands site in Welwyn Garden City, opens fully to patients on 15 June 2015, by when CT and MRI scanning, as well as the breast clinic, will have moved across to the new facility.

Once this has happened, the old hospital will be closed to the public prior to the land on which it sits being sold for the development of housing – including affordable homes – being built, along with a care home.
One for the hospital lovers for sure

Speed

Got Epic?
Staff member
Stop getting your knickers in a twist. If you have actually been to the QE2 then fine but it needs clarifying as your clearly taking about a totally different hospital in your second post and that kind of leads me to doubt the info in the first one..

jsp77

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live in welwyn, as from last week the old main building was still up and sourounded by fencing, this was only put up about 6 weeks ago, there are other empty newer buildings around the back aswell as a social club. I'll try and have a drive past and give you all an update.

Urbexbandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
:thumb The info in the first post is correct. I was visiting a friend in Welwyn Garden City and he mentioned it so we popped by. The info about the military hospital is wrong. Hamtagger got confused with QE1 & QE2.

jsp77

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have spoken to 2 people who have worked there and there is a laundery shoot that starts at the top and goes to the ground floor, one of them has tried it!!!!
I will try and get a few exterior pics added to this thread