real time web analytics
Report - - Wentworth Bunker, Surrey - 20/03/2008 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wentworth Bunker, Surrey - 20/03/2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

F

federal

This evening Dojann, Jez, Sullz and I visited Wentworth Bunker. After our previously failed attempt at finding it, due to no map/darkness/security with dogs, we found it.

Once we arrived we started to look for the entrance. We were armed with GPS and a Google Map. As it was nearly 11pm and we parked next to the security van, locating the entrance was a priority. We started walking, during the evening Dojann spent a good amount of time crawling ‘army style’ under branches, through bushes and into someone’s garden. I managed to full flat on my arse and sink into the ground. Sullz disappeared for 10 minutes and Jez provided some light entertainment. :freak

After about 30 minutes we were inside. To get this far we had dodged many cars. Some of them even stopped and just stared at us then carried on their way….

After entering we all realised how hot the inside was, so we removed our extra layers and used the conveniently placed hooks for our clothes.

I felt totally relaxed inside and had a wonderful time. Thank you to Sullz for driving.

1. The first part of the tunnel (most of the site looked much the same)
IMG_0001.jpg

2. Charlies....Angels?...(LtR: Sullz, Jez and Dojann)
IMG_0009.jpg

3. The pieces of wood would have supported a floor
IMG_0017.jpg

4. Dojann and his camera
IMG_0018.jpg

5. Another part of the tunnels. Playing around with my Alpkit Headtorch
IMG_0025.jpg

6. The 4 of us in one of the side rooms (LtR: Sullz, Dojann, myself, Jez
IMG_0030.jpg

7. Wall detail lol
IMG_0034.jpg

8. YOU APE! (mini window)
IMG_0044.jpg

9. Looking underneath 3 rooms at once.
IMG_0045.jpg

10. Some of the side rooms have collapsed
IMG_0049.jpg

11. I think maybe some sort of beer?
IMG_00512.jpg

12. Massive bolts
IMG_0051.jpg

13. Strange graffiti
IMG_0053.jpg

14. Only one of the rooms had these vents at the top, anyone know what they were used for?
IMG_0059.jpg

15. Originally the pipes would have run from room to room
IMG_0060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details