real time web analytics
Report - - Wentworth GHQ Home Forces Bunker, 2007 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wentworth GHQ Home Forces Bunker, 2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Back in Lockdown, back looking through the archive! This was one of the first underground sites I visited, back when it had only just been discovered by an old member, MarkR, who was pretty good at snooping out lost tunnels. It's a pretty good place, I don't remember much other than three blokes in old tatty clothes don't fit in at Wentworth and that the air down the far end was bad! Visited with my brother and @REEF.

History has already been covered elsewhere, but the short version is that it was a back up HQ for the General Army HQ located under Whitehall. It is an identical layout to the Whitehall bunker.

I had long ignored posting my photos as they were taken using a very old bridge camera and I wasn't overly happy with them, and light panting was with a weak LED torch and a search blaster lol. Fresh eyes 13 years later and there are some decent ones lol

DSCF0792.jpg

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0851.jpg

DSCF0809-Edit.jpg

000845.jpg

DSCF0868.jpg

Last edited:

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
That’s a blast from the past ....You sure the air was bad at the end ? I’m sure we felt a breeze by the metal hatch by the club,there was definitely stale air in the middle where it’s at lowest point

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
That’s a blast from the past ....You sure the air was bad at the end ? I’m sure we felt a breeze by the metal hatch by the club,there was definitely stale air in the middle where it’s at lowest point

All I can remember is being quite out of breath in the tunnel the leads to the club house. I think it was at the bottom of that slope.

Damnnnn, didn't realise your shots were from 2007 when we spoke about them on IG

:D Yeah, it was really many many many moons ago!

Airfix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think everybody's vehicle looked out of place when you parked up and tried to look nonchalant as you tried to make a dash entry across the access road :D

Toppa57

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Personally, I preferred the old plywood door. :(
I was down in these tunnels today, plywood door was a pig to open as it has swelled and deformed , yes there is a steel security door with padlock still. I was lucky enough to know the man who has the key and is also fascinated by the tunnels.
The tunnels themselves do not appear to have changed much since the original pictures.

Attachments

• F77C62BB-DB12-4CC7-9104-31F5F70C0149.jpeg
    F77C62BB-DB12-4CC7-9104-31F5F70C0149.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 47

Who has read this thread (Total: 182) View details