real time web analytics
Report - - WESLEYAN CHAPEL - BEDFORDSHIRE - DECEMBER 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - WESLEYAN CHAPEL - BEDFORDSHIRE - DECEMBER 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Explorer Returns

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It’s been a while since I last posted here, so uploading a few locations from late 2019.

History - I couldn’t find much history on the place,
There is close to nothing online about it, even the residents who live in the village don’t know it’s there. It was built in the late 1800s. This place never really had a busy impact towards it, it’s always been quite a quiet chapel. Services started slowing down even more in the 90s. The chapel was hardly used in the 2000s and it became really hard to keep the chapel open. It suffered with roof leaks from 2010 to 2014 when it closed for good due to no money funding the chapel.

Explore - This was our first location of the trip, we arrived at around 7am. It’s basically in someone’s back garden so we had to be careful when jumping the gates and walking up to it. I had heard the lady who lives next to it doesn’t like people visiting. Thankfully we spent a good hour in here left alone to snap pics. Great little gem and I’m glad to tick it off my list.

only iPhone pics unfortunately, stupid me forgot to empty my SD so saved my memory for bigger and better locations we had planned later on.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice little place. There seems to be a lot of Wesleyan Methodist Chapels around Bedfordshire. Trying to find extra info as it interested me and I saw around 20 ! I dont know Bedfordshire at all, is Wesleyan an area? I found one called Millbrook Wesleyan, totally abandoned and half destroyed. So strange to have so many named that!

Anyway nice shots even from a phone, nice find, and very clean place.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Nice little place. There seems to be a lot of Wesleyan Methodist Chapels around Bedfordshire. Trying to find extra info as it interested me and I saw around 20 ! I dont know Bedfordshire at all, is Wesleyan an area? I found one called Millbrook Wesleyan, totally abandoned and half destroyed. So strange to have so many named that!

Anyway nice shots even from a phone, nice find, and very clean place.

Wesleyan is a branch of the Christian faith

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member

Who has read this thread (Total: 256) View details