Web
Analytics
Report - - Wesleyan Chapel, Blackburn - June 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Wesleyan Chapel, Blackburn - June 2012

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I have put this in non-public as it's totally un-pikied and apart from a bit of natural decay and cobwebs its pretty mint, i also don't think it's been reported on previously but i might be wrong ?
I have been meaning to check this out for a while and glad i did, it's relatively small but has a definite charm to it.

It does now have sale signs up but it's defo been abandoned for a good couple of years if not more, there is also a sunday school building with it but this was locked up quite well, shame as judging by the mold on the windows it's been closed quite a while and i have a feeling may hold a few gems especially the second floor.
Apologies but i can't find much detailed history on the place.

The oldest Wesleyan chapel in the North-West .
It was built in 1794 from local stone from the Tower quarry, and houses the pulpit taken from Clayton St Chapel in Blackburn, from which John Wesley preached during one of his visits to Blackburn.

Pictures...........

Wesleyanchapel-28r.jpg

Wesleyanchapel-9r.jpg

Wesleyanchapel-25r.jpg

Wesleyanchapel-6r.jpg
Wesleyanchapel-11r.jpg

Wesleyanchapel-10r.jpg

Wesleyanchapel-16r.jpg

Wesleyanchapel-14r.jpg
Wesleyanchapel-13r.jpg

Wesleyanchapel-15r.jpg

Wesleyanchapelr.jpg