real time web analytics
Report - - West Park Mental Hospital - 15/01/2008 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - West Park Mental Hospital - 15/01/2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tank

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well its not every day you see a WP report so I thought id make a bit more of an effort with this one and do a small write up.

Visited with gingerpot and Zero.

I always heard stories of how this place used to be and I never thought id ever see its corridors and wards during day light. My only other trip a few months back was under cover of darkness. Back then I never realised the beauty of the buildings, it truly is an amazing place.

Access was uber tricky but a lot less painful that last time, my knees seem to have just managed it this time.

Our plan was to see as much as possible and we managed to see most of what’s left.

Dentists, hair salon, main hall, projector, kitchen, storage area/laundry, tunnels, padded cell, radio room and some mint wards.

It was pretty easy going once inside, as Zero called it, a ‘Gumball’ hard on the outside but once through hard shell it becomes soft and a bit easier.

We did have one scary moment though, as we were leaving through the door we had previously walked through has been sealed. Suddenly we heard voices coming from the other side of the door. Thinking it was security we promptly legged it and hide out for an hour or so. We couldn’t wait around all day so we thought we’d try and get out quickly and quietly as possible. After hearing a few battery drills and a bit of talking coming from the same area we thought they were being far too loud to be security so it must have been more like workers/contractors working on clearing the place.

Some photos from the trip.

_TOM0912.jpg

_TOM0933crop2.jpg

_TOM0938.jpg

_TOM0995.jpg

_TOM1048.jpg

_TOM1137.jpg

Last edited:

tank

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: West Park Mental Hospital - REPORT - 15/01/2008