Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - West park Social Club burned down... | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - West park Social Club burned down...

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
http://www.epsomguardian.co.uk/news...club_building_catches_fire_next_to_West_Park/

The derelict West Park Hospital Social Club building caught fire yesterday evening (January 13).

Fire crews received 12 calls to West Park Road, right on the edge of the park, the first of which came in at 7.31pm.

At the fire's height, there were five pumps in use, and crews had come from Epsom, Banstead, Leatherhead and Esher.

The fire was under control by 10.45pm, but firefighters remained overnight dampening hotspots.

There were no reported injuries.

An investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.

zombizza

Pink
Regular User
That seemed to burn quite nicely.
I think that really is it for WP

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
Let’s be honest if it’s anything other than arson I would be very surprised...
The land was not long sold to developers for £900,000 who put in planning permission for houses which was approved then this happens.... And they wanted to start ground works in march...

alpha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
S
The land was not long sold to developers for £900,000 who put in planning permission for houses which was approved then this happens.... And they wanted to start ground works in march...
Saves on demolition costs then, especially if there was any asbestos in there! Not exactly going to be recognisable now...

alpha

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Only the bars brickwork left standing

Not much of a loss really, at least we have reports as memory for when places are demolished or burnt down
Considering it was pretty damp inside it’s surprising how badly it went up! All wood construction I guess, took five appliances to put it out which is funny as it’s pretty small...

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
Only the bars brickwork left standing

Not much of a loss really, at least we have reports as memory for when places are demolished or burnt down
Oooh no that poor poor pool table that i kept seeing 10000's of photos of which is now under all that timber..

I must say things come to an end and thank god this is the end for this place.

The bars wont be standing long if the local yobs have anything to do with it not will the rest of the building.