real time web analytics
Featured Report - - Weston Point Power Station - Runcorn - May 2011 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Featured Report - Weston Point Power Station - Runcorn - May 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

m9

big in japan
Regular User
Gone as gone.

WPPS.jpg

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
To be fair even tho the turbines have gone theres still going to be loads to see there. We never did the boilers and they aint going to remove them without taking the whole building down i wouldn't think. If it wasn't for them still using the control room id go back.

m9

big in japan
Regular User
To be fair even tho the turbines have gone theres still going to be loads to see there. We never did the boilers and they aint going to remove them without taking the whole building down i wouldn't think. If it wasn't for them still using the control room id go back.

Boilers were ok, nothing you wont have seen at Glenrothes or Lowestock or somewhere similar (unless you're well into boilers..) . Control room looked like a fucking minter but had two blokes in it drinking tea, even at 5am.

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
Boilers were ok, nothing you wont have seen at Glenrothes or Lowestock or somewhere similar (unless you're well into boilers..) . Control room looked like a fucking minter but had two blokes in it drinking tea, even at 5am.

Lol que Boba's tripod smashing against a locker just as we are like 'fuckinggetbacktwocuntsinthere!'

Boba Low

SWC ___/
28DL Full Member
There's the boiler control room which would be unmanned as its sat in the middle of the totally derelict boiler house. If the one at Wilton is anything to go by it's probably quite interesting in itself. I think there's probably a few great details left to see, I'm imagining vast Babcock plates on those boilers...

Demps that was your tripod, I was still halfway up the stairs and I have a photo of the exact moment to prove it somewhere!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Fantastic report and shots. Loved it. Moral of the story, dont let people with exceptional google foo abilities see anything lol. :Not Worthy:cool::cool:

8mm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The turbines are literally the only things not left as per M9's above photo
I know this is an old post, but looking at the photo, it's the alternators that have been removed, the turbine assemblies are still shown in situ on the left of the sets.

Who has read this thread (Total: 584) View details