real time web analytics
Report - - Westwood Quarry, Wiltshire, 2009-2010 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Westwood Quarry, Wiltshire, 2009-2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bonecollector

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Having been here a few times with the usual gang consisting of Tommo, Petzl,Vdub,Spungletrumpet and Evilgenius, i though i would post some pics taken over the numerous trips.
I wont go into the whole history of the place as its readily available on the internet but here is a small piece of info for people that have never heard of this place.
Westwood Quarry is situated 6 miles South East of Bath, it is a fairly large quarry which originally started as two quarry, one known as The Tump. After quarrying stopped a large part of the quarry was cleared out by the Agaric Mushroom Company who used the quarry as an underground mushroom farm cleared large part of the quarry for the purpose of growing mushrooms.

During the Second World War roughly half of the mushroom farm area was used by Royal Enfield. It was turned in to an underground factory making anti-air craft predictors. After the War, Royal Enfield remained at the site and used as a workshop for their bikes up until 1970. The workshop was then taken over by two ex-Enfield employees who ran a servicing and repair workshop from the quarry for another 20 years.
Also a big thanks to Tommo for introducing me to this place and many others.:thumb
ww14.jpg

ww13.jpg

ww12.jpg

wwtruck.jpg

ww7.jpg

ww6.jpg

ww5.jpg

ww4-1.jpg

ww3-1.jpg

ww1-1.jpg

ww2.jpg

As this is my first report here i welcome any comments to make a better report next time.