real time web analytics
Question - - What is a good respirator? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - What is a good respirator?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You can get P3 masks from B&Q. Rated, cheap and simple. Problem is they are white. You can get black P2 masks on eBay.

Vertigo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you fancy going the whole hog where absolutely nothing will get in. You can't o wrong with an s10. Used by the forces for years.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just remember to purchase a decontamination unit so you won't have to breathe any of whatever dust/particles you've covered your clothing and boots with while wearing your mask ;)

Screwfix do some reasonable priced disposable ie rated for a work period which is normally 8 hours personal I get FFP3 rated ones but the choice is yours depending on where you're going and how much you value your life lol

But as above if it's all over your clothing hair etc ?

Probably more issue with mold spores and Pigeon crap TBH and you don't want to develop Pigeon Lung

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You're doing the right thing looking into it anyway, I've been messing about in bunkers and stuff since I was about 10 year old unprotected, 11 years down the line my respiritory system seems to be suffering a little from it all... Not much good telling a 10 year old about the dangers of fungus, pigeon shit and azzy though is it...?

xMatherZz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm planning on going into some old buildings on a abandoned business park, I'd say there is a low risk of asbestos they only closed a few months ago.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
If you fancy going the whole hog where absolutely nothing will get in. You can't o wrong with an s10. Used by the forces for years.

Absolute total bullshit. A few things to consider...

• You'll need to get P3 filters for it. Military filters aren't concerned with dust, pigeon shit and asbestos. They are for aerosol filtration.
  • You will have extremely limited vision.
  • You'll have to be uncomfortable and sweaty.
  • You'll look like a complete tool.

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
My thoughts, as a medical man, is that overall the risk is very minimal. Unless you are breaking things up or kicking around a lot of dust then it's unlikely that you will get significant exposure. As for fungus etc, if it smells bad and irritates the upper airway, then just leave asap

PatientTheory

Yung explorer
28DL Full Member
Just remember to purchase a decontamination unit so you won't have to breathe any of whatever dust/particles you've covered your clothing and boots with while wearing your mask
Mind recommending a decontamination unit? I keep seeing trailers on google

Schloff

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Military Filters proberbly would work for a couple of reasons.

1. They are designed for chemical and biological Threats and dust and fungal spored arnt generally smaller then a germ.

2. They are designed to be used in the harshest environments i.e deserts LOTS OF DUST! Wouldnt be practical if it kept germs out but not dust?

however as said field of vision would be Impared.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Military Filters proberbly would work for a couple of reasons.

1. They are designed for chemical and biological Threats and dust and fungal spored arnt generally smaller then a germ.

2. They are designed to be used in the harshest environments i.e deserts LOTS OF DUST! Wouldnt be practical if it kept germs out but not dust?

however as said field of vision would be Impared.

There's a lot of 'would probably work' there.

What about just buying a 'would definitely work' respirator / mask?