real time web analytics
Question - - What is this? | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - What is this?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bgb

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all,

I've found what appears to be a concrete shield. It's raised around the edges, approx 3ft across, it's set into a large concrete slab around 5 X 20 meters, it's solid but when kicked sounds hollow. It's wel hidden in a location with ex RAF shelters.
Thoughts?
20200505_165822.jpg

Last edited:

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
TBF this is the sort of thing that could easily be found while having a walk.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Didn't seem so after saying it's well hidden with ex raf shelters and it looks like it's had undergrowth cleared from it for the picture but yes, anything's possible especially if it means you can argue with me over it ;)
I'm happy for the op to clarify and its the reason he didn't get the full on stay at home save lives lecture.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
I assumed well hidden to mean its in lots of undergrowth. Its got nothing to do with arguing, just a different interpretation of what was said; its not explicitly obvious whether the OP was out exploring or not unlike with the other threads...

Last edited:

Bgb

28DL Member
28DL Member
Whilst a Pillbox would be interesting there's clearly no doubt after that! Pot belly base it is. I was hoping for a secret bunker of some sort.....

Scoobysrt - you're right to question and thank you for cutting me some slack on my first post! While I was indeed 'exploring' with the kids and dog it's about 50ft from the back wall of our garden on private land. We are extremely lucky to live where we do in the current climate!

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Tigger called it quickly, good going guys.

Bgb, It's all good, appreciate the clarification, having ex raf bases at your doorstep is a nice thing to have lol. Didn't mean to presume.

Who has read this thread (Total: 211) View details