real time web analytics
Question - - What type lens is best? | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - What type lens is best?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
New to DSLR's, but I picked up a great deal on a body only 700D. What is the best overall lens for urban exploration? Thanks

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Wide angle. 10-22 canon as mentioned or of your not quite as flush 11-16 tokina 10-20 sigma or 10-22 tamron.. Do some reading on here as this subject is often discussed and each lens has pros and cons.

CMT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I bought a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX II and it's an awesome lens for the price. I didn't buy it for urban exploration but I am sure it will come in handy.

It's exceptionally wide on a DX camera though, if you have loads of dosh and a full frame Canon then the 16-35mm would be fantastic if a little heavy.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Started off with a Tamron 10-24mm, no complaints and it was nearly bomb proof! Then had a Canon 10-24mm, a great lens and still use it on my cropped sensor camera body.
Just upgraded to a Canon 11-24mm on a full frame body and it's stunning, wide, wide angle but without the distortion you get on a fisheye lens.

Always heard positive reports on a Tokina 11-16mm and the photos I've seen taken on one are always nice and sharp, never had the pleasure of using one though.

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Just upgraded to a Canon 11-24mm on a full frame body and it's stunning, wide, wide angle but without the distortion you get on a fisheye lens.....

11-24mm, blimey I had to look that up, I've been out of touch with lens developments. Looks fantastic and worth considering swopping my 16-35mm II L for one. I only ever considered a 14mm L prime lens until you mentioned that.