real time web analytics
Question - - What watches are we all wearing? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - What watches are we all wearing?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
are watches an essential part of your exploring checklist?i don't wear one,never have ,don't like them can't see the need.if i want to know the time i check my mobile fone,or if i want to be a flashy fucker i look at the info on my last picture and that tells me ..

I always try and wear one underground. I use a Citizen Skyhawk AT ( I think ). It's expensive, gets knocked and scratched, but it's solid and reliable. Weakest point is the strap pins.

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I bought a Luminox navy seals watch for anywhere that is dark, with tritium vials for the markers and on the hands it will glow for 23 years before dimming, or before I get radiation poisening :) its great and glows just like in the picture 24/7 but I think that it seems a little bit plasticy although it is carbon fibre material of some sort.
1925645_02_luminox_blackout_navy_seal_wat_640.jpg

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
A £5 jobbie from ASDA... Not exactly manly or hardwearing though ;)

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
Well to be honest the time piece I carry exploring largely depends on a few variables, wind chill factor, humidity, altitude from sea level to name but a few, generally though if I'm underground I take a17th century 4ft tall hand carved Italian marble sundial with it's plinth and if I'm above ground I just ratchet strap a grandfather clock to me back and crack the fuck on :D

trailboss99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
LOL, on what day, mine tend to vary between the 80 or so I own (not kidding there). For exploring I like something easy to read, solid with good lume.

Maybe the trusty old Seiko Orange Monster:
Dustysnewcollar008.jpg

Or a replica Panerai Bronzo:
IMG_0116_zpsf949db9c.jpg

Or maybe this Xerfa diver if things are not going to get too messy:
Image00002_zpsbuwcmbgu.jpg

All three use Tritec lume which is nuclear bright and long lasting.

trailboss99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I always try and wear one underground. I use a Citizen Skyhawk AT ( I think ). It's expensive, gets knocked and scratched, but it's solid and reliable. Weakest point is the strap pins.
Citizen used 1.5mm springbars on those, if it's on a strap swap them out for 1.8mm ones (not sure if 1.8 will fit the SS bracelet), heaps stronger. You could also wear it on a NATO and that way it won't fall off if one springbar gives way.

One of the best features of the Seiko Divers are the huge 2mm bars they use, these things simply don't die. Others like the Panerai and the Xerfa in my post above use screw in bars instead of springbars and these are a lot more secure.