real time web analytics
What's the LOUDEST thing you've ever done on an explore? | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

What's the LOUDEST thing you've ever done on an explore?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Deredoer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Back in 1977 my brother and myself were mooching around the wing of a derelict manor house in south Wales borders.
We had been in there for about 20mins looking at all the old stuffed animals and other weird stuff.
Then i found a door that joined up the main house and at the exact moment i opened it CCCCCLLLLLLANG THE ALARM!
I still have this veiw in my head of my bro jumping out of the window.
Not long after the garden was cleared and the house sold,no idea where all the old stuff went.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Once I wore a pair of red Tartan A-Line flares on a urbosplore. They were pretty loud. :freak

UrbanDuck

Authorised Trespasser
28DL Full Member
Fell down some stairs at Sevs with Michael already in the building looking for us. Still got away, phew... :D

unplugged

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Either tripping the Security Lights or LS opening the Roller Shutter in Wadkin ;)

Normally im in full on stealth mode until I have all the shots I want.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Being here at midday wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done!

27.jpg

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Something just reminded me of something, so I was wondering...

I've...

Set the bells off at St Joseph's Seminary, I phoned Dweeb so he could have a listen.

Set the fire extinguisher off at Ham Mills. Problem with that was is that it comprised of six two-metre high canisters of CO2 that literally exploded into each room. The aftermath was quite impressive as well, with booms, dry ice pouring out of Windows, screaming neighbours, firemen and police.

Set the alarms off at Chilmark RGHQ (and another place in the same country as well) - you could hear them bloody miles away.

Probably got more when I really think about it...

The Lancaster Moor video was quite funny, is that still around anywhere?

The loudest thing I can think of was about 12-13 months ago when out with The Riddlers and a meter long piece of RSJ slipped out of position and fell about 200ft down a solid iron spiral staircase. Good job it was underground really..

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I remember Lilli nearly killed Pob in West Park. HELLO. I'M ON THE PHONE.

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
Giving a swollen door a persuasive shoulder and when it finally popped I found out there was 4 rather large panes of glass leant on the other side of the door, big noise in a big empty room-definitely not what you need.

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
Although it was a house about to be demo'd to build a nursing home (surprise surprise) I dropped a box full of glasses from a loft hatch. That was pretty loud.

Also took some drums and guitars into the reservoir at RNCF and had a gig in there. That echoed loud...

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
Falling through the floor/staging at the Barnsley Citadel wasn't that loud but the bloody shriek I let out definitely disturbed a few pigeons!

Also having a row all the way up a path in Whales when Rincewind got us lost probably wasn't that quiet. Other than that I think I have been pretty stealthy (Touch wood)

Oh unless you count screaming swearwords at @Kaplan for fire extinguishing my arse mid photo :p

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Something just reminded me of something, so I was wondering...

I've...

Set the bells off at St Joseph's Seminary, I phoned Dweeb so he could have a listen.

Set the fire extinguisher off at Ham Mills. Problem with that was is that it comprised of six two-metre high canisters of CO2 that literally exploded into each room. The aftermath was quite impressive as well, with booms, dry ice pouring out of Windows, screaming neighbours, firemen and police.

Set the alarms off at Chilmark RGHQ (and another place in the same country as well) - you could hear them bloody miles away.

Probably got more when I really think about it...
laughing uncontrollable reading some of the dirty graffiti scrawled in places

Who has read this thread (Total: 217) View details