Web
Analytics
What's your standard gear? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

What's your standard gear?

GJ0KYZ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Most of the above and depending where I'm going I carry glow sticks, carbon monoxide detector, carbon dioxide detector and GPS EPIRB.

Eddiek

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Monopod's are good. You can use them as a tripod or a walking/hiking stick. You can also collapse them to a smaller size.

Eddiek

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It has three feet that you can screw into the bottom if it. If you don't want to use feet you can angle it against you for steadiness.

Yorrick

I call bullshit!
Regular User
Okay for daylight shots, but no good for anything slower than 1/15th of a second exposure in my experience as you're still relying on your hand/body to hold it still. Depends what you want to photograph I guess.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
It has three feet that you can screw into the bottom if it. If you don't want to use feet you can angle it against you for steadiness.
I use a monopod everyone and then for wildlife photography or the odd landscape when it's a bit dull. I suppose exploring it would be better than nothing, but as soon a the exposure time gets below 1/30th of a second I'd be using a tripod anyway. They don't weigh that much different tbh and as the photos are a one off more often then not I take them at ISO 100 with exposure times from a couple of seconds to the extreme of 5 minutes in some of the larger mines I've been in.

A monopod would be good for bashing nettles and brambles, far better than a tripod too :thumb

LSUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here's my kit. It's probably overkill but i like having everything just in case :)

Normal Trips (which are mostly at night):
- Dark/Black Clothing
- Walking Boots
- Respirator
- Gloves
- Multiple Torches & Batteries (Because my friends NEVER bring any...)
- Glow Sticks (as a Backup... and they can be helpful for taking some cool photos)
- First Aid Kit
- GoPro (modified for night vision)
- Camera (Canon EOS 700D)
- Drone (Depending on the location and time)
- Mini Tripod
- Water
- Swiss Army Knife

On longer/Overnight Trips:
- Snacks
- Sleeping Bag/Tent
- Survival Blankets (those tin foil things)
- Flares (Can be an awesome photo opportunity... and they just look cool on my backpack).