real time web analytics
Report - - Wheal Fortune Cornwall - 06.05.07 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wheal Fortune Cornwall - 06.05.07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

Ralphh85

in search for something fun to do me and the bro abseiled down what i believe to be wheal fortune, just up the road from mount wellington mine which we have also been down... see Griffins trip report.

we found the building and a chimney, and then the shaft which is just below them, its coverd by some old wood and other crud, with a hole just big enough to get through.
mine-1.jpg

anyway we cracked ona nd tied the rope round a little fence post, then ponderd and tied it back to a tree just in case the post breaks off.
mine2.jpg

in this next one it looks like im taking a shit. im not tho!
mine3-1.jpg

see just big enough!
mine4-1.jpg

abseiling down was as can be amagioned easy!!! after all gravety is on your side!
mine5-1.jpg

this is taken from the tunnel i stoped in lookign down at water, about 4 meters below me.
mine15.jpg

this is the tunnel which looks back to the shaft we came down
mine7-1.jpg

we came to another shaft, which we couldnt see far enough up to see light or not, again water was just a few meters down, but further nuf that you couldnt get out if ya sliped in, so you would drown :D lol so we climbed across the path on the right of it.
mine11.jpg

we went a few meters past the 2nd shaft and found our selves in deep shit.
mine10.jpg

mine9.jpg

this tunnel the one coverd in orange mud went on for miles, pretty much in the direction of mount wellington.
mine8-1.jpg

so we decided to go back! heres bren dangleing just on his accent, which is 56m!!!! dont sound much but tock him 28mins ish and me about 35, but im fatter and had the big torch hanging off me! either way it was very very nakering!
mine12.jpg

we only fucking did it!!!!!!!! seriously took ages, i went down first and up last so had half hour wait sitting down before starting my accent.
mine13.jpg

mine14.jpg

if im ever gonna do that again im going to have to be very motivated and slightly better equiped, also it was very hard at the bottom and slightly easyer at the top, thinkt he air became fresher at the top.

good day out tho, better than watching tv.

Ralph

Last edited by a moderator: