real time web analytics
Which camera do you use? Which is the best? | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Which camera do you use? Which is the best?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Viktorija_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello, which camera do you use? Which is the best? I don't know what to buy. What about huawei 20 pro 40MP camera?

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
....but really. boils down to Nikon or Canon - buy their entry-level DSLR. Canon 80D or Nikon D7200. With the D7200 you should be able to get a kit with 18-140mm lense for under £1k. With the canon for just over £1k you can get a kit with an 18-55mm lense.

Viktorija_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have camera Nikon Coolpix L610 but it is reall shit. Camera only 16MP... My telephon sony camera is 24MP and it is better :D

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
as said above canon or Nikon would be the preference of most here. They are generally good cameras whether you go for entry level or high end and it is really just down to preference of which you prefer to use. Look for a good condition used body and lens somewhere like ebay. I cant comment on Canon models having always used Nikon myself but you should be able to pick up a Nikon d90, d5100, d5200 etc for between 200-500quid realistically. All of these will allow you to buy additional lenses, will allow long exposures for underground photography and are all pretty good at high ISOs for handheld stuff.

Really you should be explaining what photography you would like to mianly use it for and also the price range you can afford then people may be able to better advise!!

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
I reckon there are a few Sony options that are worth considering too now. I'd really like to know if the RX100's are up to the task, because it'd be amazing to have a camera that small to carry instead of a big dirty dslr.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member

Viktorija_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Photos in my last 2 drain reports were taken with a Huawei P10, £9 tripod, £3 clamp and £5 remote. All of them fit discreetly in my coat pocket.

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/supercharger-b-and-a-manchester-march-2018.112516/

and

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/big-humpty-manchester-march-2018.112517/

The first of these drains is pitch dark so I was taking 10 - 30 second exposures at ISO 100

Woow, looks great pictures :) ? Do you like a Huawei P10? Maybe Huawei 20Pro would be more better?

Viktorija_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
as said above canon or Nikon would be the preference of most here. They are generally good cameras whether you go for entry level or high end and it is really just down to preference of which you prefer to use. Look for a good condition used body and lens somewhere like ebay. I cant comment on Canon models having always used Nikon myself but you should be able to pick up a Nikon d90, d5100, d5200 etc for between 200-500quid realistically. All of these will allow you to buy additional lenses, will allow long exposures for underground photography and are all pretty good at high ISOs for handheld stuff.

Really you should be explaining what photography you would like to mianly use it for and also the price range you can afford then people may be able to better advise!!
Yeah, in most abandoned buildings isn't a good lighting for photography, so I'm looking for a camera that can take pictures in the dark. Price max. 800 eur, it isn't enough money, so I will look for not new camera or a good new phone...

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
I use a Canon 650D with Tamron 10-21 Wide angle for topside sutee and a Sony A6000 with Samyang WIde angle 12 f2 for underground stuff, both are great and can be bought for well under a grand each new.

can anyone look to my report and see my photos with my sony phone 24MP?
photos

Yeah not to bad, a bit overexposed though, unless you plan on doing stuff underground you're probably gonna be Ok with your phone.

Who has read this thread (Total: 156) View details