real time web analytics
Which camera do you use? Which is the best? | Photography and Video Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Which camera do you use? Which is the best?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Uckalll

28DL Member
28DL Member

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
as said above canon or Nikon would be the preference of most here. They are generally good cameras whether you go for entry level or high end and it is really just down to preference of which you prefer to use. Look for a good condition used body and lens somewhere like ebay. I cant comment on Canon models having always used Nikon myself but you should be able to pick up a Nikon d90, d5100, d5200 etc for between 200-500quid realistically. All of these will allow you to buy additional lenses, will allow long exposures for underground photography and are all pretty good at high ISOs for handheld stuff.

Really you should be explaining what photography you would like to mianly use it for and also the price range you can afford then people may be able to better advise!!

As above, I picked up a used Nikon d5300 from ebay, with ridiculously low shutter count for about £450 with a similarly used 18-105 lens (which isn't good) I add bits to my setup as and when I can afford it, I now have a battery grip, loads of batteries, SDcards, a tripod, Nikon 35mm lens, Sigma 10-20 lens (which is good) and loads of other bits and bobs - probably taking about 8-£900 spend over maybe 4-5 years.

Previously I used a hand-me-down Canon 450d with kit lens, but as others have said it's not about necessarily about the camera - mine's good enough without being ridiculously costly, and has served me well.

That said, you can buy a 450d for about £100 nowadays

Dragonmuzz

Thats No Moon............
28DL Full Member
I had the Nikon D7200 which is very good for just pics but useless for video....now have the D5600 which gives me the same quality pics as my D7200 but has the articulated screen and touchscreen so is aslo perfect for Vlogging...its has a silent lens and built in VR image stability so perfect for videoing whilst exploring...has great ISO so is great in low light
Also have the very good One Plus 5 phone which has a duel lens optical zoom camera with 4K video and slow motion ....8 core cpu 6gb ram and 128gb storage...its a beast of a phone

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Try using an led lamp or somthing instead of the flash on your phone to provide the light, you will get better exposure.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A good sort of lens for many types of photography is one of the old manual prime lenses, these tend to be relatively cheap and can be used on many different cameras with an adapter, most of my underground shots were taken with a Nikon V1 body fitted with a manual Olympus 28mm f3.5 lens which has turned in some very good results, the lens only cost about £40 on ebay.

Rajput Rana

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I suggest you. Nikon D850. High resolution meets high speed.Camera . This Camera is Very Nice and easy to use.

VC1

28DL Member
28DL Member
buy a second hand compact for getting started with. The Canon G range or Lumix.

xtrmhiker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You can get an Olympus E-520, with a lense kit, for under $250 (205 Pounds) on Ebay. It's only a 10 MP but it gets the job done. Nice entry level camera with all the bells and whistles and if you happen to drop it it wouldn't be a big loss.

dukey1234

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sony are now better than both Nikon and Cannon. I’m using a Sony A7 MK2 and have multiple lenses awesome if you have the budget

Who has read this thread (Total: 156) View details