real time web analytics
Report - - Whitchurch Hospital (Cardiff City Asylum), Cardiff - 2016-2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whitchurch Hospital (Cardiff City Asylum), Cardiff - 2016-2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Totally agree, about time someone did a proper up to date report. Best asylum since West Park no doubt. Probably only that and CH that could be called 'better' but even then its almost up there with WP. I thought maybe it was just because we got to see it 'fresh' but even then its much more feature packed than most were. Time will tell if it achieves the same legendary status. My visits there have certainly been memorable tho!

I dont understand why people haven't been posting about it either. Ive just been a bit slack in going back and finishing all the odds and ends to bother with another report but its been in public on here for quite a while and once the tour-bus turned up last year it was plastered across FB etc. so its hardly hidden!

To be fair most of the people I went with last year who post on here have put reports on here. A lot of the stuff I saw on FB was from people who don’t. Sure there are a few exceptions along the way. I genuinely think not many have hit it - even after Olkkas reports we’ve seen very little

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I guess the reason it's been left unposted as such is that it really is a special one, and not a lot of people head this way compared to London etc so keeping it from being 'Severall'd' was actually a possibility!

Still comprehensive set Clebs so good effort xoxo

*side note - according to @tumbles there was actually a security guard sat out the front today! The mind boggles.

‘‘Twas for the film set on the east wards according to Clebby

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report!

Definitely feels like ten years ago+ wandering around Whitchurch!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I genuinely think not many have hit it - even after Olkkas reports we’ve seen very little

I'm with you on that.

I think a lot of the tales of security's antics from 2016, as well as the apparent multitude of alarms inside has put many off.

If it was closer to me my god I'd be down there every weekend trying different parts of it.

hamtagger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great work and a comprehensive report, loads of bits I haven't seen posted before. Good to see the dental suite door open, a damn sight easier than in and out the windows a couple of years ago lol.

Quite why such a small number of photos have surfaced online is completely beyond me

In my case it's pure laziness/not having the time to sit on the computer for hours on end typing up reports like I used to. After seeing this report we only skimmed the surface anyway as it was the week the place closed, secca were inside, and we spent most of the time bloody hiding!

ztw

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i'm pretty sure the security are getting more on top of things.

i've gone in a couple of times without getting noticed and spent 10/15 minutes on the site before chickening out but when friends have walked through the wards over the last month they've been chased out by security and on one occasion cornered by police carrying tasers.

but there are a couple of ways in without having to jump over the fence if you look carefully.

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
I'm actually hyped that heddlu are packing tasers punishing those moving too bait ngl

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
It was after @raisinwing posted his report that the tourbus turned up. Facebook was plastered with that same shot from the top of the tower for a couple of weeks. I know a couple of dedicated asylumers were in there around then actually exploring but i guess most of the people putting the photos on fb just went for the one tourist shot. I stayed away around then because of the obvious clusterfuck waiting to happen, which i think pretty much did and it got a bit better secured for a while. What surprises me is when i eventually went back there were so many bits open that were undocumented online, at least exploring wise. I dont get why people dont just stick a few photos up when they see something cool. Earn yourself some urbex credits!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
i'm pretty sure the security are getting more on top of things.

i've gone in a couple of times without getting noticed and spent 10/15 minutes on the site before chickening out but when friends have walked through the wards over the last month they've been chased out by security and on one occasion cornered by police carrying tasers.

but there are a couple of ways in without having to jump over the fence if you look carefully.

It seems to be completely random. Some days you can have a whole day of hassle, some times can't even get in. Part of the fun I guess.

It was after @raisinwing posted his report that the tourbus turned up. Facebook was plastered with that same shot from the top of the tower for a couple of weeks. I know a couple of dedicated asylumers were in there around then actually exploring but i guess most of the people putting the photos on fb just went for the one tourist shot. I stayed away around then because of the obvious clusterfuck waiting to happen, which i think pretty much did and it got a bit better secured for a while. What surprises me is when i eventually went back there were so many bits open that were undocumented online, at least exploring wise. I dont get why people dont just stick a few photos up when they see something cool. Earn yourself some urbex credits!

I still think its' got more to give, even now people are finding new bits. I remember there would be the occasional new bit at WP pop up now and again and think similar here. They've not even got any sort of strategic plan for the place yet other than listing everything it seems. It could turn into Cane Hillesk type of dereliction periods at this rate - certainly nothing likely to happen for 3-4 years so it could really get rather lovely over time. Or burnt out, or both!

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely done mate, really do need to get back here and get more of it done. I would have visited again shortly after I had before, but the goon squad took over and I kept hearing stories of overenthusiastic police responses and the likes, can't be arsed with that.

Like was mentioned earlier, there was some nasty looking security guard on site this weekend. Will have to pop back again soon.

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
He was actually one of the nicest security guards I've come across.

Shame he's only there for the movie set given the stories I've heard about the security response!

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Nicely done mate, really do need to get back here and get more of it done. I would have visited again shortly after I had before, but the goon squad took over and I kept hearing stories of overenthusiastic police responses and the likes, can't be arsed with that.

Like was mentioned earlier, there was some nasty looking security guard on site this weekend. Will have to pop back again soon.

Not sure if we were more weary of the guard, or their companion lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 234) View details