real time web analytics
Report - - Whitchurch Hospital (Cardiff City Asylum), Cardiff - 2016-2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whitchurch Hospital (Cardiff City Asylum), Cardiff - 2016-2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
He was actually one of the nicest security guards I've come across.

Shame he's only there for the movie set given the stories I've heard about the security response!

It was the can of monster and half a pool que that thought he might go on some energy drink fueled skull cracking rampage :p

The normal NHS guards have always been fine with me, police too. Dunno if thats change thou as I know a few got gripped here a month or so back for vagrancy charges ffs!

Last edited:

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Am I the only one that would be totally OK with Cane Hill level security at Whitchurch? It's pristine big game, if it's not militantly conserved against vandals/pikeys/youtubers then us who know what we're doing in terms of moving discretely and assessing risks won't be able to enjoy it for as long as we would like to. Interesting discussion though!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Am I the only one that would be totally OK with Cane Hill level security at Whitchurch? It's pristine big game, if it's not militantly conserved against vandals/pikeys/youtubers then us who know what we're doing in terms of moving discretely and assessing risks won't be able to enjoy it for as long as we would like to. Interesting discussion though!

Cane Hill security wasn't that great, to this day I don't think they found the fence access by the boiler house. We even used it in 2014!

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Cane Hill security wasn't that great, to this day I don't think they found the fence access by the boiler house. We even used it in 2014!

They were good at patrolling, but I don't think they could be bothered with truly finding the access point. I think they enjoyed the cat and mouse game too much tbh.

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User

Yeah it's a bit of a piss take really. They spent all that money on a new fence and cameras, when what it really needs is a guard or two inside.. make the most of it while you can as I can't see it staying this way forever!

Also, I perhaps wasn't very clear in my original post - I don't have any issue with those of you who hit it in back in 2016, as I know first hand how much of a clusterfuck it could be! It's the people who've been in the past 4 or 5 months, who stick photos of epic up on instagram, and yet who never contribute anything to this site that I find the most frustrating.

Mobutu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers Cleb for taking me xoxox. I made the mistake of only bringing a 24 exposure film and using about half of it in the stores so I don't really have enough material for a separate report.

f0HAa8I.png

H30LIOx.png

VuOuSbQ.png

ux4m4WQ.png

HasdCFj.png

ItkQXHH.png

UOrwZDt.png

mFhPuGt.png

Last edited:

obscureserenity

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fantastic report mate! Glad to see your pictures of the water tower came out well, worth the climb! Was good to meet you there too.

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Damn son, very comprehensive. Some bits and pieces I've not seen yet. Those baths are rather sublime! Good to see you got to see them. I need a return visit.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very impressive report and write up mate. Just wish I had more time these days to make the effort to travel.

SpiderMonkey

BrushMonkey
Staff member
Very nice, good work! Myself and @AndyK have been in and out of here a few times over the last couple of years, but no way did we cover it to the extent you have. Must get those photos up :thumb awesome photos and write up, well done man.

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
Very nice, good work! Myself and @AndyK have been in and out of here a few times over the last couple of years, but no way did we cover it to the extent you have. Must get those photos up :thumb awesome photos and write up, well done man.

Cheers man, I look forward to seeing your photos! I only covered it so extensively because I went about 6 times in 4 weeks - it’s been a long time since somewhere’s cropped up that’s so good that I can keep visiting without getting bored. In fact this is probably the first since Celanese!

Who has read this thread (Total: 234) View details