real time web analytics
Report - - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - Jan 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - Jan 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Snooky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey all,

So first post on this forum for myself. I have been wanting to explore places like this for years with no luck ( not enough research or time ). So me and a friend recently got speaking and thought we'd checkout this place. We turned up and all was quiet, we sent the drones up for shots originally from just the outside. As we were having a fly about 2 lads came out from the site and showed us the way in!! So after flying and grabbing shots we entered the site/building. About 80% of the doors are open so wasn't hard to enter. First place we headed for was the tower. Floor was soaking and rotting away so soon wont be reachable. We spent a good few hours inside and only managed to cover downstairs area! I include some images, drone and dslr.

DJI_0249.jpg
SNO_9148.jpg
SNO_9151.jpg
SNO_9161.jpg
SNO_9199@0,5x.jpg

SNO_9181.jpg

SNO_9207@0,5x.jpg

DJI_0247.jpg

SNO_9181.jpg

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice to chat with you briefly yesterday, the drone shots are pretty sweet. Glad you managed to have a bit of a nosey around.

Report title could do with a month and year adding to it. ;)

Snooky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to chat with you briefly yesterday, the drone shots are pretty sweet. Glad you managed to have a bit of a nosey around.

Report title could do with a month and year adding to it. ;)

Hey good to bump into you. We didnt even expect to get into the place as we said haha. cheers

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice thought this was well under demo ?? Need to get my arse in gear and get down here.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I know
The place in completely empty now, everything has been removed.
I know someone who got caught and they were cleaning up the place as the police were coming in training dogs ?? Maybe bollox.

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I know

I know someone who got caught and they were cleaning up the place as the police were coming in training dogs ?? Maybe bollox.
Could be true mate, police do use it to train the hounds. I’ve bumped into them twice there ffs!

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
I know

Sounds about right, the Police were using it for a little while, its changed now though, the place is wide open at the moment with every window and door blowing in the wind, just waiting for the fire now unfortunately.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good effort, thanks for posting

You not got anymore pics of the place ? At least 2 of them are duplicated, upload the rest if you have 'em :thumb

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I know

They hired a a company to strip the place out around Oct/Nov who came with their own dogs and security. Funnily enough it was about the same time all the copper was nabbed in the tunnels and switch room.

As Lenston said it’s completely empty now, but also way more photogenic. Go soon if you want to see it as I honestly fear for the usual outcome if nothing changes

Who has read this thread (Total: 249) View details