real time web analytics
Report - - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - Jan 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - Jan 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Wow! I never knew. The site I was using for the history section of this report referenced it as Whitchurch Asylum but then the one I checked everything in said I was Whitchurch Hospital so I wasn’t sure. But thank you for clearing up the American/Enligh terminology. I’ll be sure to remember that

You're welcome. We're guilty of it on County Asylums actually. I have just edited the previous names to reflect it was in planning only.

IMG_3504.JPG

Whitchurch was years ahead of conventional mental health treatments and thinking at the time - the asylum name was dropped off all the other county asylums in the 1930s. Perhaps they could also see care in the community wasn't the immediate answer in the 1980s hence why it stayed open nearly 30 years longer than many others.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
cracking report and even better that this is your first. This is how it should be done (new members take note!!!)
Nice selection of photos and good to hear you were persistent in getting into the place without the need to join here and beg for access details. :thumb

RollRollParry

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How easy is it to get in here? Looking at going out on my first excursion, and this might be my easiest place to get to. I know it's not really recommended to go alone but I have nobody to go with, so solo and careful it is!

Cariad1313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How easy is it to get in here? Looking at going out on my first excursion, and this might be my easiest place to get to. I know it's not really recommended to go alone but I have nobody to go with, so solo and careful it is!
Hey! We don’t usually give out details on how to get in to places on here. I recommend going down to try if you can or maybe trying some other places from this site. I recommend planning 2 or 3 places to go to in a day in case you can’t get in to one then you have a back up!

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
Good stuff.
Nice to see the wheelchair is on tour, a bit like the one remaining bed that wandered around in Severalls. :D

The_Raw

Staff member
Some nice photos there. If you take pics as good as that with a phone you'll be in your element with a decent camera. The entry level nikon dlsr is decent, I think it's called the D3300. Not sure what the Canon equivalent is called but probably just as good

Who has read this thread (Total: 381) View details