real time web analytics
Report - - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - Jan 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - Jan 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Cariad1313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It’s never a good idea to post exact dates, month and year is all you need. It’s generally just an arse covering exercise, plenty of fucktards out there that like to cause trouble where possible and if, for example, a place you went to gets torched the same day after you visited and then you post pics with that exact date... you may get a knock at your door! ; ) Anyone who posts the exact date gets the same friendly advice. Chances are it will never happen, but you can’t be too careful!

Great report though, I had 4 visits here and I never tire of seeing other people’s takes on this place. And for iPhone pics - great job! You really did the place justice and that is a top first post.
Thank you for your feedback!!

And that makes a lot of sense. I didn’t even think about that. I’m going to edit them out now

Cariad1313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also, does anyone know why my title has changed? I wrote Whitchurch Lunatic Asylum and then when I posted it I noticed it said Cardiff Lunatic Asylum. Are their filters or something stopping me from having that title?

Cariad1313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report! I’d like to see this one, reminds me of the good old days every time I see a report.
It’s a good time to go! Especially if you want to see the water tower. I suspect the staircase will completely collapse in the next couple of years or so. So much rain water gets in that it’s just started to rot.

Cariad1313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also, does anyone know why my title has changed? I wrote Whitchurch Lunatic Asylum and then when I posted it I noticed it said Cardiff Lunatic Asylum. Are their filters or something stopping me from having that title?

Wow, it did it again!!!! I wrote “Mental” asylum and it’s changed to lunatic asylum!?!?!?

LittleOwl

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fantastic report, very emotive and evocative imagery in your words and that's before I mention your gorgeous pictures. Great job!

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Wow, it did it again!!!! I wrote “Mental” asylum and it’s changed to lunatic asylum!?!?!?

Probably one of the mods / admin has changed it because that's not what it was ever called. It was Cardiff City Asylum till around 1948, then it was Whitchurch Hospital. They're quite strict about proper names on here and for good reason.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Probably one of the mods / admin has changed it because that's not what it was ever called. It was Cardiff City Asylum till around 1948, then it was Whitchurch Hospital. They're quite strict about proper names on here and for good reason.

M*ntal Asylum is an American term. It’s Mental Hosptial or Lunatic Asylum in England/Wales

In the case of Whitchurch although the plans referenced to it as Whitchurch Asylum it was actually never given the term and was simply Whitchurch Hosptial from the opening in 1908

Cariad1313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ohhhh that’s makes sense!! Thought I was going crazy because I knew I didn’t type that lol

Cariad1313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
M*ntal Asylum is an American term. It’s Mental Hosptial or Lunatic Asylum in England/Wales

In the case of Whitchurch although the plans referenced to it as Whitchurch Asylum it was actually never given the term and was simply Whitchurch Hosptial from the opening in 1908
Wow! I never knew. The site I was using for the history section of this report referenced it as Whitchurch Asylum but then the one I checked everything in said I was Whitchurch Hospital so I wasn’t sure. But thank you for clearing up the American/Enligh terminology. I’ll be sure to remember that

Who has read this thread (Total: 381) View details